Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parekhs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Customs crimes
    I want to sent a laptop as a gift to my sister in india, is it possible?

Will I have to pay any duty if it came across airport customs?

Kindly help...
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 04:30 PM

Are you trying to send your own laptop, or get her a brand new one?

If you're getting a new one, you may just be able to get it online, and as the address, put your sister's address in India.

If you're sending one in your possession, you could try usps package delivery service, or even fedex, ups, etc.

If you are flying to India, and want to take it with you, it could really depend on who you have inspect you, what airline, etc.

Twice, I have flown with my laptop. Different destinations, different airlines.
    Once, they let me go through, no questions. A different time, they stopped me, questioned me, made me prove it was mine, and then reluctantly let me take it aboard (in a carryon) so if that tells you anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Natural crimes and legal crimes [ 1 Answers ]

Compare and contrast the concepts of natural crime and legal crime

Hate crimes law [ 14 Answers ]

Attorney General Eric Holder, under questioning on the proposed "hate crimes" legislation, said whites, ministers and military personnel wouldn't be covered. Senator Sessions asked Holder a hypothetical question where if a minister - exercising his religious and speech freedoms - quoted the...

War crimes, amongst others [ 77 Answers ]

Hello: I'm a law and order fellow. I suppose that sounds surprising to some of you, but I believe in the rule of law. Any RIGHTY will tell you that the reason we hold people accountable for their actions, is not only to punish them, but to send a signal that illegal behavior isn't...

Which crimes keep you out of usa [ 3 Answers ]

Are there certain crimes that would prevent a person entering USA? For instance child sex offences?

Thought Crimes [ 42 Answers ]

A friend of mine is afraid she can be convicted and sentenced to hell for her thoughts. She's a very devout Christian. Super nice person. She goes to church every Sunday and sometimes even in the middle of the week. She also prays to God every morning and night. The other day, she...

View more questions Search