Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidodo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Movement of Stearing arms on a John Deere Z445
    Does anyone know if there is a product out there that will allow me to move the stearing arms on my JD Z445 mower forward a few inches in order to accommodate my 6' 4" 290lb frame? It has always been a pretty tight fit but is now uncomfortable. I have adjusted them up and out as far as they will go but if I could get them to extend out another couple of inches it would make for a more comfortable ride. Have searched the web for some form of extenders with no luck.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 02:30 PM

Hi,
    No such product exists that I know of. I gather you have already removed the bolts and moved the handles in those arcs to the forward-most position.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 02:30 PM

Look to me like you could easily have someone weld on a couple of inches of tubing, maybe put in a slight bend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere la 125 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the belt diagram for the john deere la 125

John Deere 68 [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the model number located on a John Deere 68 and what size belt do I need for the blades to work?

Z445 John Deere wiring diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere Z445 zero turn mower and I can't get a wiring diagram anywhere. I called John Deere and they want to charge me. I am really in trouble because I need the mower for my business. I want to fix it myself but I don't have a diagram. Please help. If you can fax the 4 pages over to me...

John deere lx 288 [ 1 Answers ]

Blades won't engage and when you try to engage them the mower wants to quit running.

View more questions Search