Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lanta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2003, 02:24 PM
    Windows XP: "Property" cannot be opened
    I cannot open property of HDD from right click or Files on WIN XP.
    I need the solution to use error check of HDD.
    Alibaba15 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2003, 01:29 AM
    Are you logged on with an admin account?
    Need more info to help you.

Jan 5, 2003, 07:44 PM
    Yes, I logged on by administrator.
    Using msconfig and switch off all of service and start-up and after reboot, the property of all HDD can show up.
    It means some service disturbs the function. But I cannot identify what it is.

Jan 6, 2003, 01:22 AM
    The only thing I can think of is, if you have ntsc partition, go to start, admin tools, computer management. Then click on disk management and see if you can access the hd from there (right click on it) if you can, make sure that in security tab, you have "Everyone" as a user in the user accounts. That will let anyone access the hd (including you)if you don't want to do that, then see if your profile, system, and admin are in the box. Sorry I can't think of anything else. Tell me if that helps though.

Jan 6, 2003, 01:26 AM
    Actauly, I think the post I just did doesn't help you. Sorry. I guess youl just have to go through each one of the apps you disabled and check them.

Jan 6, 2003, 07:41 PM
    Thank you, I will try to repeat switching it off and on of all services and start-up to identify what is the cause .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

XP Home "Windows is Starting up... " [ 14 Answers ]

Xp Home refuses to load beyond the "Windows is starting up..." screen Tried swapping RAM positions Chkdsk /r Windows reinstall > repair NONE OF THEM WORKED :'( What can I do guys

Windows & Firefox: Right Click "Open With" Option [ 5 Answers ]

Been mostly using FF this year but some sites don't play well - and some impossible. I've got shortcuts to these sites on my desktop. I'd really love to "designate" them as IE shortcuts so that they'll open with IE if I click on them. ... but if this is not possible, I'd like to at least...

Windows Me "Help and Support" [ 8 Answers ]

I can't get the Help and Support working in my Windows Me. Page opens but when I click on sub topic e.g Index under Fix a problem or More resources, a blank page opens. Can you please help to get this fix.

View more questions Search