Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MEnrico Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 11:29 AM
    Grainy picture
    I have a canon digital camera and I have notice the pictures that I have been taken lately have been grainy of a little fuzzy. Is it my camera or my SD card?
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Aug 28, 2009, 03:05 PM

It's not the SD card.

The image quality is set in the camera. You may have set the camera to a small file size, or a high ISO, or if you are in an automatic mode the camera will set a high ISO when you shoot in low light without a flash. Also, you may need to clean your lens.

In order to provide more help I would need to know:

What model is the camera?
    What image quality setting were you using?
    What ISO were you using?

It would also really help if you can upload one of the grainy images or provide a link to see the image in an online gallery (e.g. if you upload your photos to flickr).
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 12:14 AM

Jcdill said it: if you camera sets your ASA/ISO to 1000 or 1600 automatically than you will have grainy pictures guaranteed. Try to keep your ASA/ISO to the lowest - like 100 or 200 and use flash. In order to do so, you will need to set your camera to Manual and change ASA/ISO manually.

Remember: the lowest ASA/ISO = the least grainy photos but too slow for low light situations. The highest ASA/ISO = the most grainy photos but fast enough to capture the image without a flash.

It would be great if you could post this photo so we can see it and analyze it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Television featuring Picture in Picture [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, Is there anybody here know about the Television w/ Picture in picture function? If there somebody, may I asked if I can watch two channel at the same time on the Television? Thanks..

Wiring for picture in picture [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new plsma TV with one tuner,a dvd,and a receiver. No cable box. How would I wire this up to get picture in picture?

Connecting RCA Tv picture in picture with components [ 1 Answers ]

How do you hook up a RCA TV (with picture in a picture feature active) Direct Tv satelitte receiver, vcr, colby dvd player? We have had the RCA Tv for some time but never used the picture in a picture feature cause we did not know how to do this. I know you have to have a vcr in order to do it....

View more questions Search