Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjeep23 Posts: 49, Reputation: 10

Aug 28, 2009, 09:22 AM
    How long is to long for the support chain to be that hangs a heavy bag?
    I have a 100lb heavy bag. I really don't have anywhere suitable at my home to hang it. I do however work in an old warehouse. I have the perfect area for it but the beam that I would be hanging it from is probably 6-8ft above where the top of the bag would be. Is that to far for the chain length? I mean I know it will swing unless someone is holding it but is that just to long for the chain??
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 10:06 AM

Hi Jeep, ours hangs from a 12' high beam, I just used 3/8" chain from the beam to the four little chains on the bags, has worked great for years, get's used about everyday. I also drilled the concrete floor directly under the bag and mounted a heavy bunji cord to limit the swinging. Good luck
    cjeep23 Posts: 49, Reputation: 10

Aug 28, 2009, 11:41 AM
    OK awesome I just didn't know if that was too much or not. Does your bag have a mount on the bottom of it or did you put one there? The bottom of mine s just smooth no hooks or anything.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 12:26 PM

Ours has a sewn on ring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long period heavy clotting [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my period for about 2 weeks with a lot of clots when I lay down I don't bleed so heavy or not at all but when I'm up moving around I do

How long do I pay child support? [ 3 Answers ]

My brother has a child who is 19 years old. The child has been out of school for a year and lives with a friend. He has now decided to enroll in school and to move in with his mother. Will my brother need to pick up the child support again?

Very long period, heavy and shows no signs of stopping [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently taking the contraceptive pill, Cerazette, that only contains Progestrogen, and have been since January of '07. I have had a few periods whilst on this, but only when I've missed pills, or been quite late taking one, however on this occasion I haven't missed any or been late at all....

How long do you have to pay child support? [ 5 Answers ]

How long do you have to pay child support?

Long heavy period with large blood clots [ 1 Answers ]

I just started my period today and it is sooo heavy. I am also having these really big blood clots? I mean really big? Last month I had the same problem and my period lasted two weeks. Can someone hepl me out with what could be wrong?

View more questions Search