Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justme014 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 06:19 AM
    How do I become bulimic
    :) I'm not crazy I just think I'm overweight I weigh 115 and I am 14 I think that's bad:( I want to at least loose 20lbs. I think I would feel better.. so plzz plzz help:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 06:23 AM
    I'm sorry, but we will not help you learn an eating disorder that could be potentially deadly.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 06:28 AM

Please talk to your parents about this. You should not do this and you need help badly. You are 14 and not big at all. So just please don't do that to your body or your mind.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 06:28 AM
    Start by eating properly and living a more active lifestyle. That way you'll have a healthy proper weight for the rest of your life.
    epawls Posts: 103, Reputation: 16

Aug 28, 2009, 07:27 AM
    You are not talking about bulemia, it sounds like you are talking about binging and purging, which is an extremely harsh way to lose weight. This is a symptom of Bulemia, not Bulemia. Binging and purging has been shown to actually slow your metabolism, which is not the deisred effect. Instead of contemplating the use of the symptoms of an eating disorder, make changes in your eating patterns... eat less more often throughout the day... avoid all fast foods... eat more roughage. Bulemia is a disorder that takes years to develop and has roots in psycholoigical adversity.
    Go to the gym... Yoga... Pilates... any kind of physical exercise. What you want to do is increase your metabolism... not inhibit it. Building muscle increases metabolism as does eating smaller meals more times a day. Try chewing your food longer before swallowing and switch to only consuming water as liquid refreshment. Burning more calories (through exercise) than you intake per day is the safest way to lose weight.
    The route of binging and purging may provide you with quick results, but in the long run, it is extremely damaging to your body and mind. It is good to look at the symptoms of eating disorders as a kind of "cheat" to weight loss... if you will.
    While other people struggle to eat right and exercise and lead a healthy life, the bulemic will avoid all the hard work and just malnourish themselves into weight loss. This may be a bit callous, but any eating disorder treatment program will delve into the "laziness" of bulemics versus an active person.
    Remember one thing... the way you see your body is not the way others see it. The "perfect" body image of someone with an eating disorder is never achieved. They will, without proper treatment, pursue what they view as a "perfect" body into permanent health concerns or even death.
    Reconsider your weight loss options. Proper diet and exercise may not sound appealing, but it does wonders for your self-esteem... which is the true issue here.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 28, 2009, 09:19 AM

Talk with your parents and develop a healthy way to feel better about yourself.

Eating disorders, binging/purging, etc. will not only make you feel worse, but look worse. Did you know those can cause your body to grow access hair (even facial hair) while the hair on your head, teeth and fingernails can fall out? NOT a pretty sight!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 09:26 AM
    115 actually sounds like a healthy weight for a 14-year-old girl. I seriously doubt that you need to lose 20 pounds, or any amount of weight for that matter. Losing 20 pounds would make you only 95 pounds. That doesn't sound like a very healthy weight unless you're extremely short for your age.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 09:33 AM

115 is what I've weighed since I was 13! It's almost too skinny depending on your BMI, but if that's how much you weigh, then you're in PERFECT health. That is NOT healthy, you have a SERIOUS issue. By becoming bulimic, you can DIE, it WILL eventuall KILL you. Get help sweetie.

You'll notice that almost all of your friends weigh near exactly the same as you, If you think you're overweight, then aren't you saying that THEY'RE overweight?
    jetstream7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 10:20 AM

I take it that you want to lose weight? First off throwing up everything you eat isn't healthy so, you're down to diet and exercise. Quick tip, remove almost all carbs from your diet along with all junk food, eat lots of protein and work out with weights, not just cardio stuff. Work out 5 times at week for at least 6 months. After which you will notice a decent change, make it a year and you can have a new body. This is just what it takes, there is no quick fix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to stop being bulimic [ 21 Answers ]

I am finally admitting to myself that I am bulimic and I need help. I have never told anyone this, or let anyone find out. It started a couple years ago as I was deperately trying to lose weight for my wedding.. well I did. I lost 35 lbs in 7 months. I told myself I would stop after the wedding,...

Going crazy over bulimic ex girlfriend [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm not one to ask about problems online but I've had ongoing problems with an ex girlfriend and I need some advice on what to do. I'm 19 and in my 2nd year at uni. This is a massive post so thanks to anyone who reads all of it =) I met the ex in question when I was 15, and we dated...

How to become Bulimic? [ 40 Answers ]

I was wondering on how to become bulimic? I am a little over weight and I need to lose it, and I think that would be the easiest way to lose weight fast. I think I can control myself after I get to the point of where I want to be. I just can't remember what you do. Can anyone help me?

16 year old bulimic [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 and I have been bulimic for almost 2 years now. I have of coarse noticed changes in my body. However, lately, I have been experiancing pain in my sides. Kind of where your kidneys are, and it feels tender, it hurts when I put pants on. Is this normal for bulimics? Or does this have to do...

View more questions Search