Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvandyke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 06:13 AM
    Financial Aid for convicted felons
    I am a substance Abuse Counselor in rural Virginia. I work with young men and women who have just gotten out of prison for drug charges. One of the most common questions I get ask is why can't convicted felons receive financial aid? This is my question can they? If not, does anyone know of resources out there to help with education? Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 07:02 AM

I am not aware that ANY class of people, including felons, cannot receive financial aid to help with education.

They apply just like everyone else. Some people are accepted and others are not.

What does the Virginia Employment Commission say about job opportunities, on the job training, vocational training as an option if 4-year aid cannot be obtained?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convicted felons [ 1 Answers ]

What majow sales companies hire convicted felons?

Financial Aid For Convicted Felons [ 1 Answers ]

Convicted Felons have a hard time trying to get funding for anything. I am currently in my first year of College I am having to defer payments on half of my tuition, till 2011 or later. I have HIGH HONORS, and am looking for a way to obtain grants for education. This stuff is expensive,...

Convicted felons [ 6 Answers ]

Is there any type of places that help convicted felons find jobs or get financial help?

Financial aide for convicted felons [ 5 Answers ]

I was convicted of possession of a stolen vehicle and have since became a productive member of society and want to better myself by going to school! Any help would be great!

View more questions Search