Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 10:38 PM
    Dependants' Status for H1B Visa Holder Doing GC Process
    My husband is on L1A visa & I am on L2.
    My husband's company is applying green card for him.
    I understand this will cover all dependants including me.

But, as the process will take long time, company is asking him to convert L1A to H1B.

In this situation, what are the options for me provided I want to continue with my job

Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Greetings and WELCOME to the site, summary!

I moved your question out of Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will be more likely to be noticed and addressed by those who are best able to answer it. Your question will get noticed much more here.

Introductions is for people to introduce themselves only, and we try to not ask questions there. We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little bit about yourself, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal status in US for H1B visa holder [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am on H1B visa here in US. I changed my employer in Dec 2008 but till now I have not got any project and so I do not have any pay stubs with me. My wife is on F1 visa. Now my employer is asking me to go back to India and he is planning to cancel my H1. If I get a project here in US...

H1 visa holder - query on tax filing status [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I came to the US on 29th Sept 2007. I am married. I am here on H1B visa. My wife joined me on the 26th Jan 2008. My query is that while filing my returns for the year should I enter my filing status as "married filing seperately" or "married filing jointly". I understand that since...

H1B visa holder - filing status? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a H1B visa holder since October 2007. Before that I was on F1 I got married in December 2007 and my wife will join me in March 2008 Can I file as married and jointly for 2007 even though my wife never set feet in US before? Thanks, vijay

L-1 Visa holder - filing status - Can all the deductions be claimed ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on L-1 Visa in US since Nov 27,2005 through Mar 03, 2006 and was back on Apr 15 2006. My Spose and child joined me in Apr 15,2006. I have filed taxes for 2005 as NR as I was here for a month only. For 2006 I believe I will be a resident alien having passed the substantial...

Federal Tax status for HI-B Visa Holder [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I graduated in May 2005 and have been holding a H1-B visa since December 2005. I am wondering what is my tax status for this year ? Which form should I fIll out? Is it possible for me to file my taxes as if I was a permanent resident even though I do not hold a green card (In the past I was...

View more questions Search