Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhiannahunt Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Aug 27, 2009, 09:14 PM
    Pregnant and low blood pressure?
    Hi. I have been trying for a baby for a month now. And believe when I say we have been at it. Every other two days. So on Saturday I am suppose to start my menstual cycle. And have been Extremely tired. I feel like I need to nap every four hours. This started about a week ago. I believe I ovulated around that time too. I have been eating a lot also. I feel like if I'm not eating I'm sleeping. Been really aggravated, emotional and all. And about two days ago I can barely touch my nipples. Does anyone think I am pregnant. For the last two days my mother has tooken my blood pressure. And I think the normal blood pressure is suppose to be 120/80. Mine has been 106/55. What is up with that? Could I be anemic? Or when your pregnant does your bp change?
    mpolo Posts: 117, Reputation: -3

Aug 28, 2009, 02:14 AM
    I do think you are. I had to wake my mother to answer this. I am happy for you
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 02:15 AM

Do you know what your blood pressure normally is? There should be records kept by your doctor. You may be ill. Is your mom a nurse?

If your menstrual cycle doesn't start by Sunday, test your first urine of the day. A pregnancy test can give you a false negative, but it can't give a false positive.

A doctor's appointment would be your best bet. They can draw blood to check for pregnancy. Your symptoms might be PMS.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 06:07 AM
    We can't really answer your question. You will have to wait to see if your period comes or not, then test using first morning urine.

Blood pressures can vary according to activity level. Low blood pressure is not uncommon.
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Sep 2, 2009, 12:17 AM

My blood pressure use to be about 120/80 now its real low about 96-100/65-70 but I work overnights and am usually always tired, if you are feeling tired and feel that you are resting a lot more, that may be why your blood pressure has lowered, but I would still get some labs done make sure everything is OK.
    rhiannahunt Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2009, 01:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarMar27 View Post
    my blood pressure use to be about 120/80 now its real low about 96-100/65-70 but I work overnights and am usually always tired, if you are feeling tired and feel that you are resting a lot more, that may be why your blood pressure has lowered, but I would still go ahead and get some labs done make sure everything is ok.
    Thank you! I plan on making a appointment fri! :)
    katt86 Posts: 144, Reputation: 9

Sep 2, 2009, 11:56 AM

There is a chance that you could be pregnant but there is also a chance that your low blood pressure is causing your symptoms. I would test with first morning urine a day or so after your period is due then see your doctor but good luck x
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Sep 2, 2009, 01:24 PM

No problem, good luck to you, let us know what the doctor says

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low blood pressure [ 4 Answers ]

How to overcome low blood pressure

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

Blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

What is the ideal blood pressure ranage for male & females

Blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im Julia My queston is, My bp is out of controal its 199/120 right now and I take 12 bp meds a day . Can anyone help before I have a stroke:eek: :eek:

View more questions Search