Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    welderman Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Aug 27, 2009, 08:41 PM
    Old grandfather clock
    Hi. My Dad got it in Germany in the 60s. I can't find a name on it. The gears are metal and the gear case is wood. I was wondering how old, where it was made and what it is worth.
    Thanks Joe
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 09:19 PM
    Hi, welderman!

If you look at the clock mechanism itself, you should be able to find a name and some numbers on it. Please let us know what you find by looking at the clock mechanism itself. The case for the clock could have been built separatetly from the clock mechanism. Hence, it could be very difficult to date when the case was built

Thanks!
    welderman Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Aug 27, 2009, 09:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, welderman!

If you look at the clock mechanism itself, you should be able to find a name and some numbers on it. Please let us know what you find by looking at the clock mechanism itself. The case for the clock could have been built separatetly from the clock mechanism. Hence, it could be very difficult to date when the case was built

Thanks!
    All I could find looks like the number 17 stamped on the wood housing for the gears.
    Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for Grandfather Time Clock/Toy [ 13 Answers ]

In the 80's or early 90's I had this toy called Grandfather Time and it was an upright clock that had a cassette player. The tapes played stories and fables. The toy would wake you up or tell you stories, and it lit up. I am having trouble finding this toy clock and would very much like to find...

Not paid if miss clock in or clock out [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in Kansas. My employer has recently included in our personnel policy that if we miss clocking in or clocking out we will not be paid for that portion of the day. So: if you clock in after lunch, but forget to clock out when you leave... You don't get paid for the whole afternoon. We...

View more questions Search