Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saralee25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 03:56 PM
    I want to know him.
    Hello,

So I've been in a relationship for 4 years now and I'm 21 so we've dated since high school, and he was my first serious relationship. And we plan on getting married and most of the time I'm very happy but sometimes I have moments where I stop and think that my life could be way different and I kind of want to try something else. So there is this guy who works around me and I've noticed him looking at me before. And even my coworkers told me they saw him watching me and checking me out. He is like 5 years older than me. I've never had a real conversation with him just little things about work. He just seems like this really cool guy, that I would really like to meet, but then I think hey I'm in a relationship, I'm stuck here, which I don't really like to refer to it as that. But it's like this really cool guy is interested in me... at least I think and it would be fun dating other people. So I'm totally lost I mean I think this guy is interested in me, but I'm being totally wrong about all this I know, and I should just stop thinking about him. Help please.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 04:07 PM

Your attractions to others will go on forever, and its how you handle yourself that will make a difference.

My advice is, don't even entertain work place romances, and also if you want to pursue romance with another guy, at least have the decency to cut your boyfriend loose first.

Trust me, after you get married, and stressed by life, and reality, those temptations, will always be there.

Its how you handle them that will matter the most.
    paxe Posts: 793, Reputation: 158

Aug 27, 2009, 05:42 PM

If you want to go with another guy, break up with your boyfriend, heal take 2-3 month without dating, and enjoy single life. Don't make the mistake of dumping your boyfriend for someone you don't know, it's not the way it's suppose to go. Remember, the grass isn't always greener on the side.
    sweet1028 Posts: 146, Reputation: 43

Aug 27, 2009, 05:49 PM

There's always going to be temptations but that's when your relationship is really put to the test.
    In my opinion, I wouldn't go into marriage with these kinds of feelings especially if they get any stronger. Whatever you decide to do, don't cheat. It will mess up the relationship your in and may just mess up future relationships because they don't know if they can trust you or not.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 06:58 PM

Ask yourself if you're happy with that relationship that you're in. Do you really want to ruin it for a possibility?

Separate both issues:

1) If you aren't happy with your current relationship, then put some more thought into it. Talk things out with your boyfriend.

2) As for the new guy or other new guys, don't compare them to your boyfriend. Like Talaminan said, the temptation will always be there. If it's not this guy, it will be another.

You just got to know where your commitments lie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search