Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jillian11905 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Implanon Birth Control
    I just started a new BC March of this year. It is called Implanon. It is a little rod that is inserted in your arm and it last up to three years. Since I have been on it I haven't had many side effects. The only thing that changed in my body was the fact I haven't had a period since it was inserted :D. The down side to that is that I have gained 13 pounds since March :rolleyes:. Has anyone ever used this form of BC? If so what is your experience with it?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 11:30 AM

I have had it for about 4 months.

I haven't had a single spot of blood since I had it put in, I'm in heaven in that regard!!

My side effects were terrible, terrible acne and very oily hair, I used to be able to wash it every second day, now if I wash it in the morning it is stringy and oily by then end of the day.

I haven't experienced the weight gain but it is a common side effect, along with headaches, mood swings and non-stop bleeding.
    Jillian11905 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 11:38 AM

When first getting it in the side effects are the worse. I think it our bodies trying to adjust to the hormone. I felt pregnant when I got on it. From the fatigue, to the mood swing, being nauseous and my appetite. I didn't gain at first... I would say after two months what when I saw the weight gain. I am about to get on a new workout and meal plan. I need to get rid of at least 20 pounds. I feel gross. Im not a big girl and I always was saying I was one hamburger away... I think I ate that burger. I have to get rid of the extra so I can start feeling better and fitting my clothes again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get pregnant if I have Implanon (birth control) [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently on Implanon which is a form of birth control that is inserted in my arm. My fiancé and I are wanting to have a baby. Is there a way around this form of birth control so that I can become pregnant?

Implanon implant birth control [ 5 Answers ]

I've been on implanon for about 6 months now and I no longer get my period at all. Ive heard that it is possible to get pregnant while on implannon, but I've known some people that have gotten pregnant without even knowing about it. And also that if your on implanon it can cause pregnancy test to...

Taken off birth control, possibly conceived, back on birth control? [ 9 Answers ]

So, the day my period ended I ended up having unprotected sex, and a week later started feeling really sick to my stomach, I could smell everything, I had horrible headaches, I couldn't find anything I wanted to eat, I was moody all the time, all the typical signs, except no missed period. I took a...

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Birth control? [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend is getting the shot and I was wondering the chances of her getting pregnant if say I accidentally ejaculated inside of her?

View more questions Search