Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charliec Posts: 61, Reputation: 6

Aug 27, 2009, 08:03 AM
    Sharing a Clear USB broadband connection with several laptops
    Hello
    I Have one Clear USB wireless adapter connected to a laptop and it can go online.

I have 5 laptops (including the one with the clear USB) with wifi adapters connected to a work group ad hoc .

How do I allow all of the laptops to connect to the Internet through the one laptop with the Clear USB adapter ?

Thanks for any help , The laptops are for an after school program for high school kids .
    Charlie

OS is XP pro.
    mindtab Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

Aug 30, 2009, 05:44 PM

I assume you have a router/hub to which the computers are hooked up to.
    Enable ICS (internet connection sharing) on the laptop in question. Control Panel-->Network Settings--->advanced-->Share this internet connection--->choose your USB adapter internet connection.

The ICS machine IP will be 192.168.0.1, and connected to the WAN side of the router. The other computers will be hooked up to the router LAN ports.

You will have to configure your router afterwards. Do you get your internet through Wifi using the USB adapter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broadband and Local Area connection dispute [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am using two Lan Card one for mail and other for Broadband. I am using DSL-502T ADSL 2+ Router for Internet. And using Ethernet card 8329 for accessing map driver on file server and other LAN Data. But when I am going to use this two simultaneously, the Browser shows no server found....

ADSL Broadband Router Connection-No LOS [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to install D-Link Broadband WiFi Router. I have to place the router in my drawing room. I want to connect my 3 Computers, which are situated in three different rooms and those are not in line of sight (LOS) with the broadband router, through wireless. Is it possible to communicate...

Broadband Connection [ 4 Answers ]

What is the process of getting a broadband connection I have got a PC

Connection broadband and LAN [ 6 Answers ]

How can I configure two LAN cards one for broadband connection and secod for LAN networking through other PCS?

Broadband connection [ 3 Answers ]

I have Windows XP professional, previously when I switched I was connected to my server automatically nowadays however I have to connected manually, I have not changed my server or any details of my sever connection. I would like to return to the automatic connection and any help I can get to...

View more questions Search