Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eaas123 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 07:56 AM
    Which way should they administer the anesthetic?
    Okeyy right I've been told by my consultant that I might need an operation on my leg under general anesthetic and I've been given the choice of how they administer it if it does go ahead. Either by an IV or through breathing a gas but I'm not sure which one. Which one do you think is best?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 08:21 AM

Go the IV route.

Had an IV when I was about 10 YO to heve teeth out in a hospital OR.

Has gas two ways, one I wasn't conscious and one in which I was. Too quirky.

Aug 27, 2009, 08:44 AM

Yeah that's what I was thinking but I can't stand needles.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 09:20 AM

I do at least 5 injections a day and at least 4 finger sticks and allergy injections every 3 weeks. Also blood draws avery 4 months.

Generally, it's harder to inject yourself. For both my father and mother I had to do their injections for a while until she got used to it. Dad only needed about 4, total in his lifetime.

What's a needle?

Aug 28, 2009, 01:02 AM

A needle is an injection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I administer antibooze tablets and what are the after effects [ 8 Answers ]

I am drinking far too much alcohol and was advised to use antiboss tablets.My doc gave me a prescription for the anti booze tabs I forgot what he told me. Can you please help

How does one administer antibooze tablets, and what are the after effects [ 1 Answers ]

How does one administer antibooze tablets and what are the aftereffects of the antbooze tablets

View more questions Search