Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ericact5 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 07:28 AM
    Debt relief
    Can I be successful by myself in negogiating a reduced payoff on unsecured credit card debt. Chase bank reduced my balance to 25% of what I owed after they took over Washington mutual. What are the costs and risks the large creditors are capital one target and wells fargo
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 07:40 AM

If you are significantly behind and you can pay off the agreed amount in a lump sum, you may be successful... although I doubt with Capitol One...

CO is notorious from being consumer unfriendly and would rather sue you than help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone work with Superior Debt Relief? [ 18 Answers ]

Let me know if anyone has ever worked with them!

Debt Relief [ 2 Answers ]

Is it best to go to a Lawyer, a debt relief agency or try to settle with the Credit Card companies yourselves?

Mortgage Debt Relief Act [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Expert, I'm presently waiting for funding to mortgage a new primary residence (call it Home C). My current residence (call it Home B), is upside down and the rental property (call it Home A), is about even. I plan to rent out my current residence (Home B), however the pay option arm minimum...

I need some serious informan on debt relief [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 21 year old female that is 8000 in debt. My credit score has dropped because of it and I can't even get a loan if I tried. I don't really know what else to do right now. Even if I get a second job, my debts won't be paid of on time. Its starting to effect my major bills like rent and my car...

View more questions Search