Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Aug 28, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello L:

It used to be that black children couldn't go to school with whites. Do you wanna go back?

excon
    Ex, please explain how the two issues relate? What did a Bible verse at the beginning of classtime have to do with segregation?

The black schools did the same thing.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 28, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren6 View Post
    You seem really stuck on violence in the media, and seem to believe that I condone that. I don't watch t.v. I only listen to "talk" radio. Capiche? I don't approve of violence, anywhere. Nada.
    Good. Then I respect the fact that you aren't being hypocritical as many anti-bible people tend to be. Very good.

It only makes sense that parents and guardians would want to shield their children from the attempted child sacrifice, rape, gathering of enemies fore-skins, throwing one's virgin daughter to be raped by hordes of evil men, mass murder, punishment of rape victims and general blood-letting and mayhem that is so often featured in the bible.
    Sure. It is natural to want to protect a child from such things.

But what about lessons of morality, of the triumph of good over evil, of morality, of love, sacrifice, community values, personal responsibility... are all of these things that you want to "protect your child from" as well?

Do you actually see nothing of value in the Bible?

Just wondering.

Elliot
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 28, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    The Bible is a record of men and events, whether good or bad.

So you obviously don't want your children to study secular history either.

You know, things like the holocaust, our Revolutionary War, our Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, the rigimes of Joe Stalin, A. Hitler, Pol Pot, the slaughter of innocent civilians in the Twin Towers, and on and on.

We learn from the history of the Bible, just as we do from other histories. At least, we had BETTER learn.
    Good point.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 03:47 PM
    I'm pretty history lessons in school don't contain this content: The Dark Bible: Contents
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 29, 2009, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lashercelt View Post
    I am not saying there weren't problems, but anyone with eyes & ears and any sense at all can plainly see that we were better off before than we are now.
    Were you alive back then? I was. I would not revisit that era.
    So, to answer you: Yes, I'll take a seat on that "rewind" train. I would rather work on the problems of that time than the insurmountable issues of late.
    But no one thought anything was wrong back then.

If you could go back to those years, what three things would you work on?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

Christianity - So many sects, so little Bibles. [ 47 Answers ]

There are so many varied beliefs amongst so many people that ALL stem from the same book. How is this explained? What makes you different from all the other Christians that call themselves by a different name?

Valuation Of Bibles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have two bibles from the 1800 in need of some restoration by REVEREND E BLOMFIELD can anyone give me a valuation please. Thanks Amy1231122.

Mass Rioting, Destruction of Churches and Bibles in Egypt [ 2 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://mychristianblood.blogspirit.com/arc...alexandria.html Mass Rioting, Destruction of Churches and Bibles in Egypt International Christian Union and The American Coptic Association

View more questions Search