Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kagan88 Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Aug 27, 2009, 08:56 AM

Hmmm... you would actually think pacifists would be the bigger burden not deciding between running and cowerding or standing strong and loyal... indecissiveness I believe is the route to evil.
    1099669 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Aug 27, 2009, 08:57 AM
    The human being is the ultimate manifestation. Man's life is, potentially, the greatest, most magnificent thing. Man's challenge is to fulfill that achievable potential by living his life heroically. A heroic man disciplines himself physically and mentally as if a warrior preparing himself for the greatest of battles. He thinks and acts in the way of a warrior to guide, by an impeccable code of ethics, his choices and actions towards conquering life's challenge, ultimately.

Aug 27, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Man behaving heroically warrior to be all of human. I believe every human's life has this heroic potential to always aspire, accomplish and achieve anything. The history of men and their worlds give us countless recorded examples of this over and over. Time and time again. It is these heroically distinguished courages and abilities that brings mankind its leaders. Leaders who change the course of the world. Humans who rise, warriorly, to life's meant-to-be-meaningful, challenge to become, humanly, the best they can be so as to contribute, in turn, only the best back into the world in which they live. Making it the best -- All it can Worldly be.

We don't live in a world like that anymore. We don't trust, with all we are, that we live amongst people who act like this anymore. We live in an anti-mind, anti-truth, anti-disciplined, ant-hero and anti-leader world. We live in an anti-warrior world.

The human being is faced with one basic alternative -- To exist or not exist, to live or die. With life comes this unavoidable challenge to survive. No human being, no living thing can evade it. Survive or cease to live. A second choice does not exist. Not on earth. This is the human being's challenge.

Aug 27, 2009, 09:16 AM

I totally agree with everything you just said... We have lost who we were born to be and now we fall short of it... We are greedy but then weak. We have misplaced our responsibilities... we are suppose to be givening and strong examples to society. We have become cowardly and it is a very sad sight to see so much potential lost to a world of nothing...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1099669 View Post
    We don't live in a world like that anymore. We don't trust, with all we are, that we live amongst people who act like this anymore. We live in an anti-mind, anti-truth, anti-disciplined, ant-hero and anti-leader world. We live in an anti-warrior world.
    Wow North Carolina must suck. That's not what's it's like where I live. Maybe you should move.

Aug 27, 2009, 09:19 AM
    Humankind faces the broader challenge on a collective scale. Humankind would cease to exist if its human beings did not do what it takes so that it can survive. Existence, itself, challenges humankind and its human beings. Both, humankind and the human being will only survive if they think -- because thought works -- then act -- because action works. Every human being is born armed with these two weapons. He must use his mind and he must use his musle. To survive he must use them.

When the absolute alternative is to exist or not exist, survival's only way is to follow the truth. The primary truth is that the life of a thing living is its most important thing. Nothing is more important than the life, for all else important only comes from having life in the first place. Without life, the concept of impotance can not be known. Only life gives meaning to importance. Nothing is more empowering than knowing the importance of your life. A conviction to the knowledge that life is the primary importance empowers that life which one has -- that life which one lives.

For when we understand there is nothing more important than life, we understand there is nothing more important than the self. If the self doesn't give itself what it needs to subsist, nothing can be given of it or from it. We must first make important owning our own life. To possess the importance of a life is to own it. To own it is to run it. Some people give up the running of it to others, therefore they give up the owning of it. Warriors do not give up the ownership of their life.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 09:22 AM
    What does this have to do with reading a bible in school?

Aug 27, 2009, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    What does this have to do with reading a bible in school?
    No one else was was commenting so the OP and I changed the topic...

Aug 27, 2009, 09:42 AM
    Is that acceptable for you?

Aug 27, 2009, 09:55 AM

It's good with me if it's good with everyone else haha... we talked bible talk until we decided to change to something else :-)

Aug 27, 2009, 10:02 AM
    What's next?
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Aug 27, 2009, 10:05 AM
    I don't think kids should read the bible. There's too much violence and sex in it!

Aug 27, 2009, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren6 View Post
    I don't think kids should read the bible. There's too much violence and sex in it!
    Did you read the bible when you were young?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 10:22 AM
    Why is it that our children can't read a bible in school, but they can in prison?
    Hello 10:

Children can read the Bible in school all they want during their free time. There just isn't any ORGANIZED Bible reading. But, hold on. Pretty soon there will be a course on the Bible taught in your local public school.

Texas has ordered text books for the course and Texas sets the educational standards of the nation... I don't know why.

excon

Aug 27, 2009, 10:29 AM
    Did you read the bible when you were young?
    Mostly for the sexy parts... the catholic bible excludes "The Song of Solomon", because it's so sleazy. Fortunately, my big brother became a born again christian when I was thirteen, and he had a "King James" version. The violence is pretty horrendous, too.

Aug 27, 2009, 11:03 AM
    I don't let my spiritual beliefs pull me around life by the nose. I use the Creator's gift that I am endowed with to deal effectively, successfully and happily with my life here on this Earth. I do not use the Creation of my life to make excusses; I use it as an empowerment. I don't pray for help; I pray for greater challenges. I didn't come into life owing anything to anyone and I certainly don't owe anything to anybody who will not use their OWN incredible Creation of life to do for themselves. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ORIGINAL SIN. Morality for me does not come from a Bible; it comes from the nature of the being I am Created. After all, HE Created us just as we are long before the Bible was created

Aug 27, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Morality for me does not come from a Bible;
    That's great news! Shouldn't bother you that youngsters aren't reading it in school, then. There's enough violence on t.v. without immersing them in yet more.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Aug 27, 2009, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello 10:

Children can read the Bible in school all they want during their free time. There just isn't any ORGANIZED Bible reading. But, hold on. Pretty soon there will be a course on the Bible taught in your local public school.

Texas has ordered text books for the course and Texas sets the educational standards of the nation... I dunno why.

excon
    You are aware, aren't you, that those Bible courses are ELECTIVE? And they only deal with literature and history.

As to why the Texas schoolbooks set standards, it is because we buy so many of them.

The argument over the Bible in school is merely a symptom of the revolution that is being waged in this country.

There is a minority here that wants to change our SECULAR government into an ATHEISTIC one.

Secular of course is NEUTRAL to religion while Atheist is anti-God, anti-Bible, and particularly anti-Christ.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 27, 2009, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren6 View Post
    That's great news! Shouldn't bother you that youngsters aren't reading it in school, then. There's enough violence on t.v. without immersing them in yet more.
    So let me get this straight:

You'd rather have your kids emersed in the sight and surround-sound influence of the sexuality and violence of modern popular TV and film and video games and music than let them read a bible?

And you don't think that's a little backward?

Here's a thought:

I have seen lots of cases of "copycat violence" where kids or young adults have hurt people copying what they say in a film or TV show. One of the more famous cases was the case of the kids who lied down in the middle of a street and were run over by a truck when they copied a popular film in which the football team (I think) did the same thing. But there are many similar cases where violence from TV was acted out in real life.

I have never actually seen any kid commit an act of violence or sexuality because they were copying a scene from the bible. There's been a lot of violent acts committed in history over religion and religious belief, I'll be the first to admit. But I have never actually seen a case of violence via copying a scene from the Bible.

I question your conclusion in this case, friend.

Elliot

Aug 27, 2009, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    So let me get this straight:

You'd rather have your kids emersed in the sight and surround-sound influence of the sexuality and violence of modern popular TV and film and video games and music than let them read a bible?

And you don't think that's a little backward?

Here's a thought:

I have seen lots of cases of "copycat violence" where kids or young adults have hurt people copying what they say in a film or TV show. One of the more famous cases was the case of the kids who lied down in the middle of a street and were run over by a truck when they copied a popular film in which the football team (I think) did the same thing. But there are many similar cases where violence from TV was acted out in real life.

I have never actually seen any kid comit an act of violence or sexuality because they were copying a scene from the bible. There's been a lot of violent acts committed in history over religion and religious belief, I'll be the first to admit. But I have never actually seen a case of violence via copying a scene from the Bible.

I question your conclusion in this case, friend.

Elliot
    You're twisting my words. I don't think kids should be exposed to violence. The bible is chock full of nastiness- why expose them to it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

Christianity - So many sects, so little Bibles. [ 47 Answers ]

There are so many varied beliefs amongst so many people that ALL stem from the same book. How is this explained? What makes you different from all the other Christians that call themselves by a different name?

Valuation Of Bibles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have two bibles from the 1800 in need of some restoration by REVEREND E BLOMFIELD can anyone give me a valuation please. Thanks Amy1231122.

Mass Rioting, Destruction of Churches and Bibles in Egypt [ 2 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://mychristianblood.blogspirit.com/arc...alexandria.html Mass Rioting, Destruction of Churches and Bibles in Egypt International Christian Union and The American Coptic Association

View more questions Search