Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    although the intelligencia of the left regards her as one of the leading teachers and social critics of our age.
    Who is this "intelligencia of the left" that you refer to?
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Aug 27, 2009, 01:28 PM

Don'cha just love it? Everybody who disagrees with NK is an idiot.

Since this thread is about Sarah Palin:

Why I like Sarah.

She is not a plastic politician. She actually HAS core values that she adheres to. How refreshing is that?

She knows what is is to run a small business and keep a home afloat without unlimited sums of money to deal with.

She understands the thinking of a majority of her fellow countrymen, and shares their values.

She is honest. Oh what a difference THAT makes.

She can actually make a speech without a teleprompter.

She has exhibited good judgment as shown with regard to the policies she brought to Alaska.

She was smart enough to change her position before she and her family were pauperized by baseless charges ad nauseum.

She knows how to energize her base. Unlike someone I could mention.

She is not afraid of a fight. She took on her own party when she believed it necessary for the good of her state.

As to her lack of foreign experience, I think you will find she is a quick study. Besides, the President of the USA doesn't have to know every detail about every country in the world. That's what intelligence agencies and counsellors are for.

I'm not saying she is the only one. We may have others who also have these qualities .
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 27, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    She's as idiotic as Palin.
    And I guess the 60% + of Americans who share the same concerns as Palin are idiotic too.

But... you're the bright one.

Righto...

Elliot
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    And I guess the 60% + of Americans who share the same concerns as Palin are idiotic too.
    Hello again, El:

What? And those people were doing their laundry during the last election?? You're right. I'm not going to give you any slack when you make up numbers.

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    She is not a plastic politician. She actually HAS core values that she adheres to. How refreshing is that?
    Name one she has adhered to.
    She knows what is is to run a small business and keep a home afloat without unlimited sums of money to deal with.
    You're her bookkeeper? How do you know this otherwise?
    She understands the thinking of a majority of her fellow countrymen, and shares their values.
    "Majority"?
    She is honest. Oh what a difference THAT makes.
    When spending public money to take her family along on political trips for which they weren't invited?
    She can actually make a speech without a teleprompter.
    You actually understood what she said??
    She has exhibited good judgment as shown with regard to the policies she brought to Alaska.
    Yup, got to kill those wolves however cruelly possible and cut off a front leg for proof while the wolf is still alive. And oh yea, got to get those big-box stores into town to destroy local businesses and family values.
    She was smart enough...
    Wha?? Whoa! When was that?
    I think you will find she is a quick study
    Has she learned world history and political science yet?
    Besides, the President of the USA doesn't have to know every detail about every country in the world.
    Thank god she can even keep an eye on Russia for us from her front porch!
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Don'cha just love it? Everybody who disagrees with NK is an idiot.
    I think you made a grave error in logic here. You could extrapolate that everyone who agrees with Palin is an idiot but not the extrapolation that you made, that's nonsense.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 05:07 PM

I think the fact that you 'intelligent' men / women on this board revere this women is an insult to that intelligence. Each and everyone of you people here have more intellect in your little finger than this imbecile of women has in here head, yet you pin her up like some national hero / saviour. Give me a break. If this women ever leads your Country then you really are in trouble.

She's probably a good mum and a nice lady. But intelligent she isn't!!

Aug 28, 2009, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, El:

What? And those people were doing their laundry during the last election??? You're right. I'm not gonna give you any slack when you make up numbers.

excon
    So you don't think that 60% of the American population is against Obamacare? The polls are all wrong, and the only poll that matters is the 2008 election?

Good. Hold onto that thought. Keep living in the past.

I'm looking forward to watching your reaction in 2010.

Elliot
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 07:01 AM
    So you don't think that 60% of the American population is against Obamacare?
    Hello El:

Of the eleven respondents to MY poll, 73% of the Americans that populate THIS board support MY positions over YOURS.

You may continue to believe your phantom polls if you wish, but you ain't fooling anybody.

excon

Aug 28, 2009, 07:37 AM
    Hello El:

Of the eleven respondents to MY poll, 73% of the Americans that populate THIS board support MY positions over YOURS.

You may continue to believe your phantom polls if you wish, but you ain't fooling anybody.

excon
    Yeah, but you voted 4 times. I voted only once.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 07:43 AM

I voted for EX!!
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Yeah, but you voted 4 times. I voted only once.
    Hello again, El:

I tried, but the software wouldn't let me. I know you don't like the results... Deal with it.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell View Post
    I think the fact that you 'intelligent' men / women on this board revere this women is an insult to that intelligence. Each and everyone of you people here have more intellect in your little finger than this imbecile of women has in here head, yet you pin her up like some national hero / saviour. Give me a break. If this women ever leads your Country then you really are in trouble.

She's probably a good mum and a nice lady. But intelligent she aint!!!
    Did I miss where we "revered" her?
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Did I miss where we "revered" her?
    Hello again, Steve:

There you go, using that "you" thing again. You are really a closet liberal, so of course, you don't revere her. But, Galveston and 450 would vote for her for ANYTHING in a New York minute. You know that to be so. Yes, I mean YOU!

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 08:24 AM

I get it ;someone makes a blanket statement and when challenged the retreat is... well I wasn't talking abut you... just everyone else like you.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 08:25 AM
    There you go, using that "you" thing again.
    Ah, my mistake. And by the way, that proves I'm not a closet liberal - they don't admit to mistakes unless it's someone else's mistake.

Take Nancy Pelosi for instance... please.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Aug 28, 2009, 10:09 AM

Hi, Ex.

I think you're reading your poll wrong.

You are always on the opposite side from Elliot, Speech, and Tom.

When I looked at the bar graphs, it looked like the total for the 3 named is greater than yours.

What do you say?
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 10:22 AM
    What do you say?
    Hello gal:

I say you're a very good Republican like the Wolverine. You see the data you want to see.

If you want to include people besides just me and Elliot, NK, and Wondergirl are on my side. What happens when you add THOSE totals to mine?

excon
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 10:38 AM

I think I know where they are getting there polling numbers from. The RNC sent out mailers to "poll" people on health care here is one of the questions. You guys are too much!! FEAR FEAR and More FEAR!!
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 10:50 AM
    That's their bread and butter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

President Sarah Palin [ 27 Answers ]

Hello: I predict that if health care goes down, which I define as not having a public option, Sarah Palin will be elected in 2012. You? excon

What Does Sarah Palin read? [ 69 Answers ]

So that hard hitting journalist Katie Couric is at it again with Palin this time she wanted to know What Does Sarah Palin read? Specifically... and Her answer well EVERYTHING ALL OF THEM!! Check out the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38MgZ4w8

Sarah Palin are Alaska for Vice President! [ 235 Answers ]

BWAH HA HA HA John McCain has truly lost his mind!

Sarah Palin Brief GMA Interview [ 73 Answers ]

This morning Good Morning America show brief skits of the Sarah Palin Interview airing tonight on 20/20. This interview show me that the inexperience issue is now out the window. Sarah Palin answers were so off course, the inteviewer had to stop and restate the question 3 - 4 time regarding...

View more questions Search