Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jirjircho Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 05:32 PM
    Is she pregnant?
    My girlfriend is 17 years old, she had her period on the last October 7th 2006 and we had sex on October 13th19,20,21,22 and I did not use protection fduring intercourse. And now starting on october24th, her body began to hurts the part between the stomach and the part above the womb. I am worry and nervous, is she pregnant? If so how and where can I get pills or smth that gets rid of the pregnancy, because we both doesn't want baby during academic years, this is emergency can anyone help please, thank you
    ncgirl_21 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Oct 26, 2006, 01:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jirjircho
    My girlfriend is 17 years old, she had her period on the last october 7th 2006 and we had sex on october 13th19,20,21,22 and i did nto use protection fduring intercourse. And now starting on october24th, her body began to hurts the part between the stomach and the part above the womb. I am worry and nervous, is she pregnant? if so how and where can i get pills or smth that gets rid of the pregnancy, becuz we both doesnt want baby during academic years, this is emergency can anyone help please, thankyou
    You can only use the pill after 72 hrs after conceving and your doctor prescribes the pill that's my understanding of how it works. Your best bet is for her to go to her doctor immediately or your local health department. If you do not wish to keep the child you might want to consider having the child adpoted. If she is not pregnant please use protection from now own.

Oct 26, 2006, 05:17 AM
    She is very worried right now, because she does not want a child and she is just so worry that she is so down everyday and night. The only way in this case is to wait for her period comes or go to check up with a doctor? Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 26, 2006, 05:58 AM
    You can try taking a home pregnancy test. But I do believe you will be making a doctor's appointment anyway.

Let me ask this... If two are so young and do not want a baby right now, then why are you having sex, let alone unprotected sex? I am sure you know that there is a consequence for everything you do, especially sex. This consequence lasts the rest of your life.

You do not take the "morning after pill" as a form of birth control. Abortion is not a form of birth control.

Abstinence is birth control.

I am sure she is worried. What will her parents say? What will your parents say?

If she is not pregnant, and you do not want children, then I suggest you keep it in your pants. I know it sounds harsh, but sex is not the luck of the draw, it is reality. If you are not ready for children (especially at 17 and not married) you are not ready for sex.

Sex carries some huge responsibilities, and if you are not ready to handle those responsibilities, you are not ready for sex.
    ncgirl_21 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Oct 28, 2006, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jirjircho
    She is very worried right now, because she does not want a child and she is just so worry that she is so down everyday and night. The only way in this case is to wait for her period comes or go to check up with a doctor? thankyou
    If she is pregnant you may want to get in touch with your local crisis pregnancy agency. They can provide you both with support and help. If she's not pregnant and she doesn't want her parents to know she's sexually active you can go to the health department and get birth control not that I'm suggesting that but I just hate the thoughts of a baby getting killed.
    Let me know what happens.
    greenmountain Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 04:21 AM
    Only a doctor can confirm or deny a pregnancy. I will tell you that if she has average length and regular constitent cycle, any of the those days could be high risk days. Any of the last four days could have easily been fertile days for her and I've read that sperm can survive up to five days in a woman without being fertilized if they reach a certain part of her body (can't remember exactly which). This information also said that couples who have unprotected sex once when fertile have about a 20% chance of getting pregnant, but a couple who has unprotected sex once a month while fertile for 12 months has a 90% chance of getting pregnant. But see a doctor, a woman can also be late because she is stressing herself out worrying about being pregnant.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2006, 05:24 AM
    It is not an emergency as far as I am concerned. It is only emergency to you because you both think you did something wrong. There is not a quick fix for creating a baby, if that is what you did. The only way to find out is a pregnancy test. Go to the doctor right away. The doctor and patient confindentiality exists to protect privacy. So do not use that you are afraid of people finding out excuse for not going to the doctor. If she is pregnant then it is up to your girlfriend on what steps she wants to take. There are other options besides getting rid of the pregnancy of course you probably never thought about that. There is adoption. Getting rid of a pregnancy is killing an innocent baby.

Joe

Oct 30, 2006, 12:22 PM
    If the period comes, does it mean that there is no baby?

Oct 30, 2006, 12:23 PM
    I mean if her period comes, does it mean that she is not pregnant?
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 30, 2006, 12:43 PM
    You are going to get a lot of opinionated answers here. Many people are/are not against abortion; however, that is YOUR, actually HER business.
    They are right, you should not be having unprotected sex at age 17-I had a baby at that age-I repeat, you SHOULD NOT be having unprotected sex at that age. But you did, and you came here for some answers. I suggest checking out www.plannedparenthood.com
    As I believe this is a center for birth control/pregnancy issues, etc... that can can help your girlfriend in pure confidence if she truly feels she cannot go to her family and/or doctor.

Good luck.
    Expert

Oct 30, 2006, 12:47 PM
    If she got her period, no she would most likely not be pregnant.

Oct 31, 2006, 12:29 PM
    I was wondering more, how long does it take to see the symptoms of pregnancy? If she didn't miss her period it means she is not pregnant right?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2006, 01:07 AM
    jirjircho,

You keep asking the same questions. You have gotten detailed answers and you still do not get it. Your wasting everybodys valuable time. If you are not mature enough to understand the answers, then your not mature enough to have sex, and not mature enough to have babies.

Joe
    Expert

Nov 1, 2006, 05:08 AM
    jirjircho,

Have you actually read the answers that have been given to you? If you have then there is no need to ask a second time.
    pcgarcia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 12:18 AM
    To Be Honest With You And Your Girlfriend You Two Are Very Immature And Are Not Ready To Become Parents, To Be Honest You Two Should Have Thought Twice About Having Sex Especially Unprotected Sex.. you Two Don't Know How Many Mature Couples Are Out There That Wish They Were Pregnant But Instead You Two Immmature Children Decide To Play Games And Have Sex And Not Want The Consequences Of Being Parents.. so I Hope To God That You Guys Are Not Going To Be Parents At Such A Young Age Because There's To Many Of You Guys Out There Already!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Get Pregnant [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am 23 years old and my husband and I already have a daughter(he is no her biological father) and are trying for another. I have been off my birth control since about February but have not become pregnant yet. I know I am ovulating because I feel the pains during that time and my husband and I...

Why am I not pregnant? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hi My name is Courtney I'm 17 years old and have a boyfriend that is 20 and we have been together over a year now and I want to know why I am not pregnant... I have an irregular period,we don't use contraception as we were both responsible enough to get tested for anything and we...

Trying To Get Pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 23 and I've been with my husband for a little over 4 yrs now. We only used protection for the first month of our relationship. We've been talking about having a baby for the past 2 yrs now. As long as we have been together and not used protection scares me. I think its something wrong with...

Could I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Well about a month ago I had protected sex and well I'm a type of person to stress about every little thing. I have been nauseous on and off all day but never needing to throw up and I have been burping quiet often as well as being bloated. Could my mind be making me feel nauseous. I haven't had...

Pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I want to get pregnant but I am not sure of the best time to try! Does anyone know, is it before your mensural cycle or after and how many days before or after? Please someone help, I really am confused on this.

View more questions Search