Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annonimus Posts: 72, Reputation: 4

Aug 26, 2009, 04:37 AM
    How do I let go of the past?
    Well recently we've been having trouble at this school, so we've both had to move. We both have to move to different ones but I'm scared I'll loose him to another girl? We've been going out for 1 year, 1 month, 1 week and 5 days. I'm lackin' sleep because I keep thinking about it, it's on my mind all the time.

I've spoken to him about it and he says 'don't be silly, I love you. I don't want anybody else, I only want you' but this feels like its not enough? I'm scared about him going as we've had a bad past.

I love him to pieces and it would kill me losing him to somebody else, on top of that I'm a jealous person as well so it doesn't help.

Please help, thank you. :confused:

I've been with this lad for a year, 1 month, 1 week and 5 days. We've had a bad past, he's lied, cheated and hurt me. But we've been over for 1 week and a half without any contact.. this has made us a lot better. He's realised that if he carried on being the way he is that I'm just going to walk out on him and not look back.

I love him will all my heart, I do. But the thing that's making us argue a lot is me not forgetting about the past. He's given me all his passwords, I see all his convosations with friends and he's never flirted or lied since that split up.

I'm wondering if anyone has and ideas to help me. We don't want to split up with each other, but we're going that way if I don't change how I am

Thank you.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 07:14 AM

I'm not sure you forget the past... it is and should be there to remind you and protect you of the future. This is going to be hard, to learn to rebuild your trust. I would suggest open and honest communication every time you have an issue, and also if you are going to try and trust him again you must let him have his own life. He needs to change his passwords and such.

This is going to be a long process and a slow one as well. Perhaps couples therapy or something. It will just involve day to day work and recognizing your feelings and what sets them off.

Aug 26, 2009, 07:25 AM

No like I don't have his passwords to always check up on him, he has mine and I have his.

And do you know a way I could try and forget the past though? Like try and keep it off my mind? Little things always bring it up and it makes me have arguments with him.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 07:30 AM

You will never forget the past, you just try and learn to control the emotions that are evoked by the past. That is the best anyone can do.
    TJ17 Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Aug 26, 2009, 07:38 AM

Love is built on trust, so you really need to trust him if he tells you it will be okay.
    Being jealous will always destroy a relationship, no matter how strong the love is, so you really need to keep that in check because if you let that out your only asking for trouble.

If he's going to cheat on you then there is nothing you can do about it, it's just one of those things everyone goes through and it won't be the end of the world.

But if your relationship is strong then I wouldn't worry, but if you are then don't give him any reason to look somewhere else, by being the best girlfriend ever. ;)
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

Aug 26, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Annonimus View Post
    No like i don't have his passwords to always check up on him, he has mine and i have his.

And do you know a way i could try and forget the past though? like try and keep it off my mind?? Little things always bring it up and it makes me have arguments with him.
    Having passwords to his accounts is useless as he can always create a different account and not let you know. So you'll might as well just trust him.

As far as the past is concerned, I think you should just have self-control. Stop bringing it up so much. It's better to have a private journal and just write everything there. Or to post on boards like this one and get other feedback instead of blabbing out your negative feelings to him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 26, 2009, 09:15 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...ke-390429.html

If I have ever seen any one who needs love, support, and guidance, its you.

You are a normal young person, who needs some questions answered, and be straightened out about a few things you know nothing about.

That's not a bad thing, but often as we grow, we have to deal with the unknown, or situations we have never dealt with before, as new feelings awaken in us, and we need help in dealing with them.

Give yourself a chance to learn, and find a solid female influence that you respect, and trust, who can give you answers your boyfriend cannot.

Aug 26, 2009, 11:26 AM

Have you got any tips on what I should do first? To change me?
    Expert

Aug 26, 2009, 11:50 AM

I would get you a mentor, to give you honest facts, and some straight up no nonsense advice.

Someone you trust to tell you when your doing something stupid, and should stop it.

Is there someone like that in your life that you trust enough to listen too??

Aug 26, 2009, 11:55 AM

I haven't got no-one like that in my life though.
    Expert

Aug 26, 2009, 12:13 PM

Are you saying you and your young boyfriend are raising yourselves?

That's kind of sad really, but you need to really stop running away and get some one to help you prepare to grow up the right way, not just your way.

That's why school in important, because teachers can help when parents can't. We all learn from some kind of example figure, that we try to emulate, and follow, that we can trust, and who cares enough to be honest, and not fall for our BS. Why can't someone in your family fill that bill?

Aug 26, 2009, 12:37 PM

They can but I don't like talking about it to them. And no my boyfriend lives with his dad and I live with my mum and dad. They do raise us.
    Expert

Aug 26, 2009, 01:11 PM

So why are you not listening to them? Why are you skipping school?? What's up with this bad behavior, and the need to change schools? I just don't understand.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 01:34 PM

Neither do I.

Sep 13, 2009, 05:26 AM
    what to do?
    Right before I tell you what's wrong I want to say please don't just come out with 'finish the lad' because that doesn't help me at all. I can't finish him.

Anyway.. I'm going to start from the beging. When me and this Boy started dating it was 14th July 2008. Everything was fine for the 1/2 months of dating. I trusted him and he trusted me, but then the 3rd month came.. I lost my v to him at the beging of the 3rd month, then we started arguing a lot near the middle and then he cheated on me at school with another girl (he kissed her). After all that that's when the problems started to kick in.. He was telling girls there fit, putting x's to them, texting them & phoning them. I started gettind mad at him telling him I don't like it and what not.
    6/7 month he told me he was ill and that he couldn't come out. I knew he wasn't ill and that he was out with about 5 girls. When he admitted it the same day, we both split up. We didn't go back out with each other for 3 weeks, in that time. He got with a girl, and I got with a lad. I finish the lad the next day but this Boy was still with that girl. Then 2 weeks on I got with a another lad who was 15. But anyway threw out that the Boy got with the girls sister, and then finished the girls sister for the girl again. We met up before I got with that other lad who was 15 and I kissed the Boy and the girl's sister saw. So thereforen the Boy and that girl never got back together. I was still with this lad and when it had been a week aidan was ringing me and texting me saying he loved me so much and didn't want us to be over, he wants me back.
    I finished the lad for the Boy.
    Everything was all right for a couple of weeks, but then we started running away.. (he started lying again)
    In between running away he started texting this girl called chloe and I didn't like it. He put x's to her and stuff. But one day I told him block her number and he did. But then it was about a week after I got his phone and looked at his texts and he'd been texting her again and one of the text's said 'if I was single and you was single I'd get with you' now till this day I still don't know what he replyed :/.
    Anyway one day that aidan ran away, at night he went his ex girlfriends (the girls sister) and slept there.. couple of weeks after he admitted to me that he kissed her but he said that he finished me before he did. But the girls sister say's differently to me.
    After all that anyway, here's nearer to about 2 months ago. I was getting in a bad state, crying all the time and stuff. I was banned of seeing him.. He got with another girl a couple of hours later! But that week and half passed.. (we had no contact at all) we met up. And omg he took my breathe away.. Then threw that 2 weeks of being with him I went on his Facebook and I saw emails.. he saw this girl on a bus and she asked him for his 'msn hotmail' and he gave it her.. and he was trying to searh her up on Facebook cause she was 'gawjus' :S. Then I saw another email of the girls sister! Saying that the Boy doesn't love me he loves her! But the Boy said she kept saying that to him but it's not true.

Then about a month ago, he told some girl to meet up with him alone and that.. putting x's to her when it old him not too.. but what got me was that I was on the phone to him as he was saying all that to her saying 'i feel like were going to break up and I don't want too' and he replyed 'no we won't I love you'. So he bascially lied?

ever since that he's done nothing.. not lied once. He said he's changed he only needs a chance to prove it.. but I can't let go of the past? I have his email passwords I'm on them 24/7 and his Facebook. I check EVERYTHING. But I can't keep doing this? I don't know what to do.
    he's also moved to a new schooll.. (new girls :/) hmm.. I'm not happy either way I go..
    what do I do?

p.s it feels like when he's with me in person he comferts me, just so he can have a shag. Then when he's on msn he's a with me.

please helpp
    Ginny Finny Posts: 54, Reputation: 6

Sep 13, 2009, 06:07 AM

Dude... this guy has totally played you! If u got back with him, how can you look into his eyes and say I love you when you know what he's done? He does not deserve you or your tim, because he will find a way to screw you over again and again. Let him be the stud in his new school. Would he have done any of this in the first place? NO. I know its hard to move on, but it will be totally worth it
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2009, 06:20 AM

In your previous threads you ve mentioned feeling low:how are you coping with this now?

Sep 13, 2009, 03:27 PM

I'm feeling crap. All I do day to day is cry my eyes out. I try my best for him, he goes moody when I say don't add people on Facebook but I can't help he's made me this way. I just feel like at the end of the day I want to end my life :(
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2009, 04:29 PM

How old are you again? I thought in one of your other posts you said you were 14, is that right? Even if I'm off a year or two, you're too young to be this hung up over a boy. You both still have so much growing up to do. So you can make a choice. You can decide now whether you are going to allow yourself to be treated like crap the rest of your life or not. Are you going to allow this guy to keep walking all over you or not? If you let him keep walking all over you then what happens when he leaves for good and you end up with some other guy who can't respect you enough to commit to you? You'll already be so used to it that you'll more than likely just allow the cycle to continue. So stop it now. Dump this guy for good and move on. Focus on school. Focus on extra curriculars. Find a new hobby. Work on raising yourself confidence and self esteem and when you've done that find a guy who is actually worth your time.

Sep 13, 2009, 05:10 PM

It loooks so easy on words but so hard when u come to it. :(
    And yeah I'm 14, 15 next year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to truly get over someone and let the past go? [ 18 Answers ]

I don’t know what to do anymore. Me and my ex have been split up for 6 months now and I’m still not over him no matter what I do. I never wanted to date him, but he kept trying it on with me for two months, so eventually I caved in and gave him a chance. We started as a casual thing because he had...

Bad past [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 17 and have yet to have a girlfriend ( I no it sound really sad), I have had a really bad past from primary to secondary I was really overweight and unattractive this of course lead to low confidence since then thoe I have thined out and become a lot more warrey of what I look like when I go...

Past getting in the way of us. [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for 9 months now. He has a past, a bad one at that. He's had sexual relations with 3 other girls before me I know of two but that all really happened by accident cause other people thought I knew by now and said things that I didn't know or even didn't even...

Can't let go of the past. [ 10 Answers ]

I moved to another state to live with my dad thousands of miles away about a month ago and I go to another school, I got a great new job. Why is it after 7 months I still think about my ex? We haven't spoken since early September and I saw her by accident in the gym one day around thanksgiving. How...

How to let go of the past [ 1 Answers ]

I have been married for 8 years and I have beautiful children with this man, but my past keeps haunting me. I was in a relationship 10 years ago and he was very abusive mentally, as well as being physically abusive. He didn't start that way though. He was never abusive at all until his grandpa died...

View more questions Search