Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JFMortensen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2003, 10:08 PM
    Explorer error--please help
    :-/

This is the message I keep receiving every time I try to use my internet explorer.

(Explorer has caused an error in INEB.DLL
    Explorer will now close.

If you continue to experience problems,
    Try restarting your computer.)

I have tried trouble shooting myself but nothing I have tried has worked. I have tried rebooting of course, I have tried system restore, I have to delete and reinstall from add/remove programs on the control panel and it won't even delete. I have windows ME. My hard drive has 8 gigs and I have 512 ram. I don't know if anybody can help but if you can you will be my hero.

Thanks,

Janiel ?
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2003, 08:29 PM
    explorer error--please help
    Well it seems that ineb.dll is a spyware. Do you have ilookup on your system:

http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/ILookup.html

If not - determine which is the best alternate for you:

Start button -> find -> find files or folders -> search for ineb.dll -> rename it.

-or-

1. Go to RUN...
    2. Type the word... REGEDIT
    3. Go to the File Menu and scroll down the EDIT MENU
    4. It contains the selection FIND
    5. When the FIND dialogue box appears type INEB.DLL
    6. This will search for the ineb.dll file in the registry
    7. When it finds a value... Will read something like
    C:WINDOWSSYS... Just SIMPLY DELETE the value
    8. Press F3 to continue searching the registry for the next value where ineb.dll is found.
    9. Keep searching and deleting the values that it stops on until the screen "FINISHED SEARCHING THE REGISTRY appears.
    10. Then simply RESTART your system

-or-

Try download adaware (free) from:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    And remmoving some spyware from your system.

Corey

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explorer Script Error [ 6 Answers ]

I have just started getting this annoying window appearig very frequently that says "Windows Explorer Script Error" and words to the effect "Do you want to keep running scripts on this page".. not all have the same error there are several different errors. It seems to only happen on certain...

Internet Explorer Script Error [ 1 Answers ]

My emails are not printing in OutLook Express. A line 1344 is noted.

Explorer.exe-Application Error [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Dell Dimension E510 w/Windows XP. I recently converted from Norton Antivirus to SpySweeper and then I've been try to use the Microsoft Defender II antivirus program to protect my computer. Somewhere in the transition I got several infections and now I get an application error...

Internet explorer script error [ 2 Answers ]

How to get rid of the error? It always appear on my screen every time I view something? Do I need to upgrade something? Anybody help please. Sorry wrong category again.

Explorer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... When I right click the start button I see that my OPEN and EXPLORE are greyed out.. Why ? I would like to fix this with your valued help.. THANK YOU... laimsul

View more questions Search