Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brian25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 04:20 PM
    Tight and Fast Compression software.
    Does anybody know where I can get a fast and tight compression program. I am trying to compress a lot of video files but all of the programs I have tried take too long to compress. I am also trying to compress them as tight as I can so I can add more video files. Can anyone make a suggestion for me, please?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2009, 09:00 PM

This will compress 'tightly' to maximize your compression, but with using high compression, the amount of time to compress something will take longer (higher compression, more time to compress)
    Download UHARC GUI by Brhack 4.0.0.2 - UHARC GUI is a graphical user innbsp;7or UHARC 0.4 Beta - Softpedia
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 26, 2009, 07:51 AM

Seahwk is right- The more you want something compressed, the longer it's going to take. It's just do to the way compression works. If you want to take up less space, the computer has to search through the file for more complex patterns it can summarize, to put it simply, so it's going to take longer, no matter what type of compression you use.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 26, 2009, 06:45 PM

Hi,
    They are both correct. You may want to try CoffeeCupSoftware for their free veriosn.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How fast is too fast to fall in love? [ 5 Answers ]

Met what I thought to be my soul mate 3 years ago. It was love at first site. However, our business relationship prohibited us from dating for a few years. We would see each other on occasion at company functions and spend time with each other in person or communicate via email or phone. We had...

How Fast Is To Fast in A Relationship? [ 4 Answers ]

I just met this girl about 1-2 weeks ago. On the16 we started going out. But I don't know what to do and if I do something I am afraid it is to fast. What should I do? How should I do it? When should I do it Help. I'm lost!! -wes

Old compression nut and compression sleeve [ 27 Answers ]

We have a shut off valve with a slow leak, about a teaspoonful every 10 hours. I want to replace the valve but the copper pipe to which it's attached is too short not allowing me to cut off the old compression sleeve. It's to my understanding that I may use the old compression nut and...

Air-Tight? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what is the lightest air-tight material or combination of materials?

View more questions Search