Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beth911 Posts: 499, Reputation: 6

Aug 25, 2009, 04:08 PM
    How do I get alotta money fast?
    I need to come up with 625 dollars really soon plus I need alotta gas money and money for other things but I really need to pay off my attorney asap and my job isn't enough I am trying to find another job but I am not having any luck. Any suggestions?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 04:12 PM
    Hi, beth911!

Long time, no see! Have you turned 18 yet? I ask that, because it has to do with your getting money.

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2009, 04:18 PM

Yes I am 18... its nice to talk to you again!
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 04:25 PM
    Nice to "talk" to you, too!

Have you tried to apply for a loan?

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2009, 04:26 PM

No I have not. My friend was talking to me about that though just a few minutes ago. I'm not really sure how all that works or anything. I need tp have a garage sale but I can't :(
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 04:28 PM
    Do you have enough things that you would like to sell at a garage sale? Also, why do you you think that you can't have one?

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2009, 04:33 PM

I have too much stuff to sell. I don't have enough room and my mom doesn't want me to have one at our house. So I don't hhave a place to have it at and even if I did I wouldn't make nearly enough money but every penny helps. I'm trying eBay but its confusing me
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 04:35 PM
    I'm sorry! But, I have to go now to direct a rehearsal.

I'll return later this evening. If you have a digital camera, or if not, able to borrow one, you can sell things on the Internet without having to pay for the ads. I can show you how to do that, if you would like. But, I do have to go for now.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beth911 View Post
    i have too much stuff to sell. i dont have enough room and my mom doesnt want me to have one at our house. so i dont hhave a place to have it at and even if i did i wouldnt make nearly enough money but every penny helps. i'm trying ebay but its confusing me
    Ebay isn't the only place to sell on the Internet. Besides that, it costs money to use eBay.

I'll return later...

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2009, 04:41 PM

If you can show me how to do that sometime that would be so geaat. I did find a site called ioffer and I put some items on there also but I have not had any luck. Well I guess I will talk to you more about this later.. thank you so much
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 10:30 PM
    I have returned now beth911, if you might be available. I know of lots of sites where you can list things for sale and how to get what you're trying to sell, excellent exposure in searches when people go looking for the kind of things that you have.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 10:30 PM
    I have returned now beth911, if you might be available. I know of lots of sites where you can list things for sale and how to get what you're trying to sell, excellent exposure in searches when people go looking for the kind of things that you have.

Thanks!

Aug 26, 2009, 10:30 PM

Hello I'm back. I sold an item on eBay but I was going to go ship it out tomorrow and I can't find it now omg I don't know what to do it is no where to be found. I have too much stuff that I am trying to sell and it is all in one big pile and I think it is somewhere with that stuff but I don't know where and I think that the person alreaddy paid for it but this stuff is way more sonfusing than it looks to be

Aug 26, 2009, 10:35 PM

Are these other sites going to be easier than eBay? Because eBay is just too frustrating. Omg it makes me go insane I neveer been in such a bad mood and I really hope that the other stuff isn't nearly as strreesful
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 10:47 PM
    Hi, beth911!

Yes, the other sites will be easier to use than eBay! Plus, they don't cost any money to use.

I'm not sure what to tell you about your eBay transaction other than for you to look everywhere you know how to in order to find your information in selling what you did.

What do you have to sell, please?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 10:57 PM
    Are you still there, beth911?

I'm willing to work with you now about this, if you're willing and able to do that.

The sites that I can help you with posting things for sale, are pretty much foolproof and get excellent exposure.

Initially, I just need to know what it is that you'd like to sell.

Thanks!
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 12:55 AM

I told you I was willing to help with the eBay junk because I know it can be complicated. But perhaps now you see why I feel the way I do about it? Wasn't as easy as it looked, huh? I sometimes get frustrated and I know what I'm doing. (eBay is also changing so many things and getting screwy that it's just no fun anymore anyway.)

Also, it does not matter whether the person already paid or not. You are now obligated to ship it. (Well, assuming they do pay for it of course.)

Whenever something goes up on eBay, you should have a place to put it to keep it safe, not only from losing it, but from getting broken, messed up, or whatever. Putting it into the box/envelope you're going to ship in is not a bad idea. And then put it somewhere the cats can't rip it apart... oh wait, that's me.

I'm still willing to help with this. So here's my suggestions of how to handle this. If they haven't paid yet, just keep looking and don't worry about the buyer for the moment. You don't have to respond to them until they pay anyway. Or at least until they contact you about payment. However, if they haven't contacted you about payment within three days, you want might to check back about what to do.

If they have paid and you have not found that thing within 24 hours, or at most 48 hours, email the buyer and be honest with them about it. And apologize profusely. Don't ever try to screw with someone trying to hide something. Tell them you will continue to look for it, and it would be a good idea to give them the option of whether they want to wait and see if you can find it, or to get a full refund and skip the sale. You can always add something like, "I know it's around somewhere and I would appreciate it if you would give me the opportunity to find your widget so that I can still ship it out. I can email you again tomorrow and let you know where things stand." (That last statement lets them know you'll keep in touch and that they won't be waiting for 10 days until you find it. People just like to know what's going on.)

If they are not in a hurry and they want it, they may be perfectly fine with waiting, and in that case, they will appreciate your honesty. If you hold up shipping without them knowing why, that will just upset them. But be prepared: they may be ticked off, want the refund, and even turn you in as a non-performing seller. You'll just have to deal with that, because like it or not, this is your responsibility. You made a contract when you put up that auction. If that happens, you won't have any place to get upset about it. Well, you can get upset, but you can't do anything about it cause they'll win. Then you accept your negative and start a new ID. :p

If you're not sure how to respond to something they do, you're welcome to ask. Despite how I act on here sometimes, I do know how to talk to my customers and I know how to handle eBay. (I know no one believes me, but I'm actually capable of being tactful and diplomatic. ;))

Aug 27, 2009, 11:48 PM

I have several things that I am trying to sell... mostly clothes. I have pet cages. Books games... all kinds of things... movies... etc
    mpolo Posts: 117, Reputation: -3

Aug 27, 2009, 11:59 PM
    # 1 - eBay sucks - you will have trouble getting your money from paypal

# 2 - get a part time job and in two weeks you might be able to come up with that

# 3 - don't pay extra high interest moneys on fast loans (its high)

Resolution:

You'd better getting a second job and come up with this money - don't use your car as collateral
    mpolo Posts: 117, Reputation: -3

Aug 28, 2009, 12:00 AM
    And yes, if you have stuff you don't need, get rid of it, sell it off on craigslist (again, forget about ebay)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

How fast is too fast to fall in love? [ 5 Answers ]

Met what I thought to be my soul mate 3 years ago. It was love at first site. However, our business relationship prohibited us from dating for a few years. We would see each other on occasion at company functions and spend time with each other in person or communicate via email or phone. We had...

Money needed fast [ 3 Answers ]

How do I earn $25.00 in 5 days?:confused:

Fast money making! [ 47 Answers ]

Hello people in here wondering how to make really fast money in runescape. Please give me some advice

View more questions Search