Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 01:09 AM
    Hi again, beth911!

It's best to keep things simple here...

What sort of things do you have to sell, please?

Thanks!
    beth911 Posts: 499, Reputation: 6

Aug 28, 2009, 06:50 PM

Mostly clothes but I have a lot of other items too
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 11:08 PM
    Hi again, beth911!

I'm here right now, if you're able to work on this with me. I'll be glad to help you to market what you have to sell!

Thanks!
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2009, 01:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mpolo View Post
    # 1 - ebay sucks - you will have trouble getting your money from paypal
    Well, I'll agree that eBay has screwed themselves up quite a bit. But most people should not have trouble getting their money from Paypal. There is a holding period for people with too little feedback, but they'll get it.
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 02:15 AM
    Hi again, beth911!

I do hope that you return to here! I would really like to help you with this!

Thanks!

Sep 1, 2009, 12:21 AM

Hi. I'm sorry I have been really busy lately. I'm working teice as many hours and have severazl other things to get done. I have mostly clothes to sell... more clothes than anything else. But I akso have a few movies, cages, video games, books... you name it.
    I was keeping all the stuff I wanted to sell together and some how even though I had the item I was supposed to ship out right on top of everything else it was no longer there and no where to be found. I'm very stressed out. I am basically working for nothing and I still have no money. I still need to come up with 625 dollars. I only have like 50 dollars to last me the next two weeks and I got paid today. And my boyfriend doesn't know about this 625 dollars I need to get and I need extra money so that he doesn't wonder what is happening to all my money.
    I'm supposed to give my attorney 100 dollars tomorrow but I onbly have 50 dollars so I don't think that's going to happen and my boyfriend lives 45 minutes away and I need gas money to get to his house and back and he doesn't drive so he can't come see me or anything and I'm just so stressed out I can't stand to even think about this anymore. I'm saving up every penny I can get my hands on. I know its sad but anymore a penny is really a fortune on me and I'm so obsessed with coupons and saving my money and trying all I can not to buy anything. I really need tio get selling this stuff and get as much money as I can possibly get. I'm about ready to sell every little thing that I have. I mean everything. I don't know what else there is to do . I try looking for a better job nut I can't get one. I'm getting more hours but its still not going to be enough. And it bothers me to see the way that my parents will buy my nephew non important items like toys and what not when they could be giving that money to me so that I could use it on more important things. O I forgot to mention I need to call and make a vet, doctor, and dentist appointment VERY soon... I will never get the money for alll this.

p.s.
    I may not be getting on here in a few weeks or so because I pay to have my internet. And I can't really afford it. And its only 20 dollars a month.

Sep 2, 2009, 09:43 PM

So wher can I sell this stuff at?>
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2009, 04:20 PM
    Hi, beth911!

I haven't been able to be online at my home for almost the entire week since my phone wasn't working correctly. Now, it's working and I'll be back online here around 11:30 P.M. Central Time, if you might like to work on advertising what you have to sell.

Thanks!

Sep 4, 2009, 10:25 PM

Sorry I missed you. But hopefully soon we can get started o n this
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2009, 11:24 PM
    I'm here right now, beth911! I just now noticed your post.

If you're available, we can work on what you'd like to do.

Thanks!

Sep 6, 2009, 04:42 AM

Omg this is like playing phone tag. Lol . Well I'm usually not on here very long
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2009, 12:49 AM
    Listed below, are some sites on which you can advertise things. They are among the best.

http://www.hoobly.com/

DomesticSale - The Effective Free Classifieds

Free Classifieds Ads - Internet Advertising to Sell Online by WebLeegŪ

Classifieds & Want Ads

craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums

How you word your ads is very important. I would like to help you with that.

Thanks!

Sep 7, 2009, 09:55 PM

Thank you so much... I put something's on craigslist like a week ago or so but I had no luck what so ever. Maybe its how I woded it? Lol I don't know but I will get back with you sometime when we are both on and I have more time. I'm so money hungry its not even funny. Yesterday I found $5 I forgot that I had and I about had a heartattack because I was so happy that I found it. I have a dog kennal that I am really really wanting to sell
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 02:00 PM

Might be how it was worded, including the title. It helps to include pictures if you haven't. And also consider your prices.

Depending on category and location, things can also get buried very quickly on Craigslist. So you need to re-list to get them at the top again. But be careful, you can only do one post like once every 48 hours, and unfortunately it's not a "strict" 48 hours - it's an approximate and it'll decide whether it doesn't like you anymore. In other words, better to be careful with it.
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 02:25 PM
    When we're on here at the same time, I'll be happy to help you with wording your ads, beth911!

Please do join the sites that I've listed. I know that you're already a member of craigslist.

I"m not sure where you're coming from with the 48 hour thing when using craiglist, morgaine300. Would you please explain that to me? I know that I'm limited with the number of ads that I can post with them because they've gotten so strict because of the "garbage" problems that they've been having on the site. But, I've not ever seen an hour designation as to the limiting of posting there.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 06:40 PM

Well, one of the little problems with Craigslist is that certain things can be very difficult to find, and some "rules" are not very explicit. Something doesn't post and you never do find out why, cause it broke some unspoken rule that you were supposed to be a mind-reader and know. It's a little weird.

I found out a lot of things just hanging out in the forums. That's how I found out the 48-hour rule isn't very specific.

I had to spend a bit of time hunting this down. It's under the FAQs, under "more frequently asked questions" and then 6 lines downs it says "how often can I post"? Notice it says "about" -- and "about" seems to be a bit arbitrary.
    craigslist | about > help > faq

Sep 8, 2009, 09:04 PM

Clough, we need to set up an appointment to meet onlne lol
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Thanks for posting the link, morgaine300! I'll take a look at it. I used to be able to post hundreds of ads on craigslist. Now, it cuts me off at four or six. That's not all that bad though, because then, I put ads within the ads.

Originally posted by beth911:
    Probably so, beth911, probably so... LOL!

If you're usually on here around 11:00 to 11:30 at night, I can try to be on around then.

If you might want to try a couple of Internet service providers that are free for a limited number of hours per month, you might want to give Juno and NetZero a try. I think that they're good for ten hours a month each for free. But, it's important to click on some of their ads, or you'll get cut off. That's what happened to me while using them.

Below, are the links for them.

Juno.com Juno Internet Service Provider of Free and High Speed Dial Up Internet Access ISP

NetZero - Free Dial Up Internet Service - High Speed ISP - Net Zero Internet Provider - Netzero.com

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 10:41 PM
    Thanks for posting the link, morgaine300! I'll take a look at it. I used to be able to post hundreds of ads on craigslist. Now, it cuts me off at four or six. That's not all that bad though, because then, I put ads within the ads.

Originally posted by beth911:
    Probably so, beth911, probably so... LOL!

If you're usually on here around 11:00 to 11:30 at night, I can try to be on around then.

If you might want to try a couple of Internet service providers that are free for a limited number of hours per month, you might want to give Juno and NetZero a try. I think that they're good for ten hours a month each for free. But, it's important to click on some of their ads, or you'll get cut off. That's what happened to me while using them.

Below, are the links for them.

Juno.com Juno Internet Service Provider of Free and High Speed Dial Up Internet Access ISP

NetZero - Free Dial Up Internet Service - High Speed ISP - Net Zero Internet Provider - Netzero.com

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2009, 12:47 AM

Ha! The double posting happened to you this time. :-) (See what I mean?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

How fast is too fast to fall in love? [ 5 Answers ]

Met what I thought to be my soul mate 3 years ago. It was love at first site. However, our business relationship prohibited us from dating for a few years. We would see each other on occasion at company functions and spend time with each other in person or communicate via email or phone. We had...

Money needed fast [ 3 Answers ]

How do I earn $25.00 in 5 days?:confused:

Fast money making! [ 47 Answers ]

Hello people in here wondering how to make really fast money in runescape. Please give me some advice

View more questions Search