Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bexxx Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 04:04 PM
    Getting over Unrequited love
    I know this boy who I was completely in love with, but then I found out he was in love with one of my best friends, and she also loved him back and they're now a couple. He never felt for me and I told him I used to love him, he really understood and we agreed no matter what we should still be friends, because we really get along with each other. Im not sure if I still completely love him, he broke my heart but I 'still love him with all the broken pieces'. I know I should get over him, but I just cant. Help? Xx
    clemintinelove Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 04:05 PM

You need someone to love you back.. Unrequited love is'nt fun and it can take away the probabilty of a meaningful realationship you could be expienceing with another guy.. try finding someone who isn't so unavailable goodluck
    MissRissa Posts: 68, Reputation: 15

Aug 27, 2009, 08:47 PM

First of all, I think that you're throwing the word "love" around too carelessly and meaninglessly. Are you sure you know what love really is?

Anyway, let's think about this. What do you expect to come out of all of this? I mean, this guy that you LIKE doesn't like you back, he likes your friend. All you can really do is accept it and move on. Don't hope for anything and don't expect anything out of this.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 01:49 AM

First off, I don't think you know what love is.

Second, if it was meant to be, when you "love"d him, he would have "love"d you. Obviously, that isn't the case.

Get yourself away from boys, and focus on your schoolwork.
    You'll get better grades, and you'll feel better. I'm pretty sure it's the best solution for you right now. Plus, maybe a little learnin' will do you some good.
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Aug 28, 2009, 02:31 AM

I don't think it was true love if he was in love with your best friend. All you can do is move on. Still be friends with him but contact him less and concentrate on other things like, school, friends, work, hobbies, etc! With time you will surely get over him, there are plenty of fish in the sea! Good Luck :)
    suziedsouza Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 02:57 AM
    Remind yourself of the good qualities you have. Because somebody does not find interest in you, does not reveal that you are not a good person in unrequited love. You can recover fast by going out on a date with somebody else. It is a difficult task but this will help you get out of the sorrow quickly and can also help you understand your life in a better way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to solve my Unrequited Love for Best Friend [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having to deal with my one sided love for about a month now, let me explain my situation. Sorry if it's a bit lengthy I've been best friends with my guy friend for 3 yrs and never had feelings for him. He had been dating this one girl for about 4 yrs and they broke up last July....

Deep Unrequited Love For This Girl. [ 6 Answers ]

What do you do when you've dealt with unrequited love since the beginning of high school? (now graduated) I've been in love with this perfect girl for a long time, she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and we have very much in common (very unbelievably shy, smart, sweet, flutist in band,...

Unrequited Love [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so to start, I'm bisexual (female) and not out of the closet. Three years ago, I met someone over the summer (also female). We became fast friends and really connected on a higher level, or at least I felt that way. So, basically I've barely stopped thinking about this person since (a couple...

Unrequited love? I'm not even sure (this is pretty long) [ 5 Answers ]

So... this has become one of those things that I need to seek outside help on, mostly because people that I explain it to don't get it so I'm looking for other intelligent life. Lol Here's the scoop... So like maybe 2 1/2 years ago there was this guy that I met playing the sims online & we...

Unrequited Love or More? [ 2 Answers ]

About 1 year ago, I met a guy, 'Tom', who after about 6 months, I realized I cared for deeply. The trouble is we live 8 hours away from each other. That summer, we finally told each other that we wanted to be together (only over texts though, he's quiet.) During that time (I was so happy) he was so...

View more questions Search