Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nomi Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 02:15 PM
    Increase in Height Possible ?
    Hi

I am 24 years old, and my height is 5-7 inches. Is it possible to increase the height ? What about the Yoko Height Increaser and other products which gave money back guarantee for such products?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 25, 2006, 02:18 PM
    Height is all genetic. Most likely you are at your tallest.

Stay away from products that guarantee growth of any kind unless prescribed by a doctor. These drugs have not been tested, so there is no telling if they are harmful to your health.
    nomi Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 02:24 PM
    Thanks for your advice. Can you help me on another problem. The url is
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...d=1#post187533

Answer the questions

Thanks
    CyberIslanddude Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 10:56 AM
    There is not much we can do to grow taller after puberty. There are many products in the market today that claim to increase height of adults, but they are all scams without sufficient scientific evidence. Surgical options, though available, are EXTREMELY RISKY and of course expensive. This leaves us with basically two options.

1. Stretching Exercises: - These exercises will help you improve your posture. You’ll be surprised that how much of “Height” is hidden behind your slouched back. You can, at any age, add an inch or two of height by simply improving your posture.

2. Second, you can create a “Taller” effect by following some smart fashion techniques. You can easily add another inch or two of “illusionary inches” by improving your dressing coordination. You can get more information on specific exercises and fashion ideas by following the link below:
    http://www.walktallshoes.com/grow-taller.html

Good luck
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Dec 21, 2006, 11:59 PM
    Have you considered elevator shoes?

BTW

There is an operation, a very painful one, which involves breaking the leg bones repeatedly, creating and maintaing a slight gap between the breaks and letting new bone fill in. This gradually increases the person's height. It's been used with some exceptionally short people. I am not certain whether this option is easily available to any person on request for cosmetic reasons alone though I strongly suspect that if the patient has the money there would be little objection. As they say "Money talks nobody walks." : ) It is usually used to remedy congenital limb length conditions or those caused by trauma.

http://www.limblengthening.com/news/lansana.html
    Amber101 Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Apr 18, 2007, 06:34 AM
    HI! I am in a similar situation as Nomi, I would love to increase my height by at least 1 to 2 inches. Cyberislanddude, I think your advice is very realistic, can you recommend some stretching exercise techniques?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Height Increase [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Neville. I am 19yrs old and 5"11 in height. I would like to make it 6+. Can you tell me some stretches or exercises that will help me. I have heard pressing the midpoint of the toe stimulates the pituitary gland. Can you show me some some natural and effective method, please.

How to increase the speed [ 23 Answers ]

Dear Experts Can I know how can I increase my punch speed , I always feel my punch is slow than other students . Is there are any method to train to increase the speed ? Also how many days per week training is suitable for a beginning to pratise boxing . Thanks Dick

Percent increase [ 3 Answers ]

Hi please help me out What is the formula for calculating percentage increases? For example in 2005 we sold 1500 apples in 2006 we sold 8700 apples. How much was the increase in percents? Thanks

Increase in Rent [ 3 Answers ]

I was fortunate enough to acquire a rental problem on the Gulf Coast of MS one month before Hurricane Katrina devastated the area. I was extremely fortunate that the rental property had only minor damages. We were given the option of signing a 1 or 2 year lease and chose a 2 year contract with...

I need to increase the price. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write a letter for a cleaning business to increase the price of the weekly cleaning. We have not had a price increase in 7 years.

View more questions Search