Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roach09 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 06:23 AM
    Landlord using my mailing address
    I just rented a house and when I check the mail the landlord has all kinds of mail coming to my mail box. It just don't look right to me, what do you think?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2009, 06:32 AM

If you just rented the house, the LL may have lived there previously and that address may be on record in several places. It may take time to correct it. But there is nothing wrong in it. Just put the mail on the side for him to pickup. Or suggest he leave a forwarding with the Post Office.

Aug 25, 2009, 06:37 AM

Its been 2 years sense anyone has lived here.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2009, 06:38 AM

Doesn't matter. He owns the property, he's entitled to use it as a mailing address.

Aug 25, 2009, 06:45 AM

Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

ITIN, Federal and State - Mailing Address [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I Am On H1b Visa And Have Filed My Taxes For The 1st Time In Hrblock For The 1st Time In Usa. I Got Married And Filed Itin For My Wife Along With My Returns. Hrblock Has Done The Taxes Given Me Two Envelopes To Mail My federal And Itin (W-7) To Internal Revenue Service Center Po...

PA Can my landlord dictate who can use my address for mail and license? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I live in a home ownership co-op in PA. I just received a letter from my landlord saying that I have to add my on again off again boyfriend to my lease because he is here often and they believe that he lives here. He used to live with me so his Drivers License has my address. (All of...

Work in NJ/Mailing address in Georgia [ 3 Answers ]

For a few years I worked out of NJ in a 100% travel job. I rented an apartment in Atlanta to keep my things, but didn't work in Georgia. My employer deducted payroll taxes for NJ and said I didn't need to pay taxes in Georgia since I didn't work there and was there only some weekends throughout...

Security Deposit - No Address for Landlord [ 12 Answers ]

Hello All - So my landlord is trying to keep my security deposit. I signed a lease in Alexandria VA July 2006. In this lease it stated that the lease would renew month to month after July 2007 and written notice 30 notice of moving out would need to be provided. My Landlord moved out of state in...

Mailing address on W2, W7 and 1040 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have following questions: 1) Is it necessary for me to put the same mailing address that I have on my W2 on the W7 form "applicants mailing address" section (W7 is for my spouse who does not have an SSN) as well as form 1040 "Home address" section? Or I can give a different address? The...

View more questions Search