Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasmynn Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2010, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by honeycaramel View Post
    I just joined this forum today. What does PM mean?
    Private Message
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SistahSustaGurl View Post
    omg keri hilson isn't light either, but i guess you are trying to differentiate the different colors b/t blk folks...but beyonce is not the lightest

This is why its important to please carefully read the post first as she had already stated this. The chart was for reference only of diverse color, excluding lighting, cameras, makeup, bleaching, etc.. Hence the statement made:

Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit
    I just made this so it would be easier for some to reference or describe their skin color/tone and what their goal is. (I am also aware that some of these women may have used skin bleaching products or the lighting may make them look lighter than they actually are. But I'm just basing the chart off of what I see in the picture.)
    Yellowannabe Posts: 67, Reputation: 12

Feb 25, 2010, 10:24 PM

This chart is definitely good for reference. Thanks BrownDeceit.

I'm new to this forum, but I've been lightening on and off for about a year. I'd say that my original skin tone was a Medium - Dark 1 and that I am currently, depending on whether I have a light day/dark day lol, between a medium dark 4 & medium light 1.

In addition to lightening up to and maintaining a yellowish skin tone, (according to this chart, maybe Light 2?? ) I'm trying to rid my skin of hyperpigmentation.

Ugh. I wish there was a perfect skin wand. Lol.
    Would make this process SO MUCH easier. (=
    Caramel1989 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Mar 2, 2010, 12:07 PM

I'm originally a medium dark 3.. ciara.. but with more yellow undertone... in the face only.. and I'm a light 3 on the rest of my body. SO I want to just lighten my face to a light 3. I just started using crystalline... yesterday.. its kind of sticky... I have the gel cream from 55H+ too.. but I don't know if I can wear all these layers.. maybe ill just use the crystalline only...

Browndeceit.. what is your regiment? You just wash your face and use crystalline day and night?
    aussiegold Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2010, 12:15 AM

Sigh... I am some of ALL of those colors

Face neck and torso- are BOTH Medium-light 3 AND light 3

Arms- medium dark 1&3 (top of my arms are naturally darker than underneath my arms.

Back, buttocks, back of thighs, knees &feet- Dark 3 and Medium dark 1

Legs- medium dark 4

I know it sounds weird, but it all fades into each other and looks normal, but I can put my arms up to my face and tell they are darker and my hands up to my legs and tell the difference. I just give up on my backside, back, and back of thighs lol!

I would say I am overall her color, you see all the different colors! My cheast is a little lighter, but you get my drift.

I want to be this color
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Mar 7, 2010, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegold View Post
    Sigh...I am some of ALL of those colors

Face neck and torso- are BOTH Medium-light 3 AND light 3

Arms- medium dark 1&3 (top of my arms are naturally darker than underneath my arms.

Back, buttocks, back of thighs, knees &feet- Dark 3 and Medium dark 1

Legs- medium dark 4

I know it sounds wierd, but it all fades into each other and looks normal, but I can put my arms up to my face and tell they are darker and my hands up to my legs and tell the difference. I just give up on my backside, back, and back of thighs lol!

I would say I am overall her color, you see all the different colors! My cheast is a little lighter, but you get my drift.

I want to be this color
    Wow both of these girls are pretty who are they?
    aussiegold Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2010, 08:51 PM

One girl is from YouTube.. I believe her name is taneshadvice. The girl on the bottom is Nikki from America's Next top model, not sure which cycle cause I don't really watch the show.
    CarmelGoddess Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2011, 07:00 PM
    Comment on Golden_Girl's post
    Hey gg I want to go from a dark 2 to a medium dark 3 should I use makari or 55h+ christiline?
    Thanks
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 20, 2011, 08:12 PM

2 year old thread CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Treatment of African Americans [ 8 Answers ]

Okay, so this fall I will be a senior in high school so I have started looking at colleges. I'm not worried about distance if I find a school that I really like. It just so happens that I found a school in Australia. It's Bond University and I would love to go there. I have been emailing the...

Skin Lightening for African Americans! [ 25 Answers ]

Hello, I've been checking out the forums on skin whitening for african americans and I'm confused and really need help. I'm a very dark person due to being in the sun all day I'd like lighten up at least 3-4 shades. If anyone can assist me on some good information, or products to try it would be...

Coloring Hair for African Americans [ 2 Answers ]

I am a black woman who is half white and half black. How long should I wait to color my hair after I put a relaxer it it?

Civil war and african americans [ 4 Answers ]

How did america's first attempt at integration manifest and evolvein the first 30 years after the civil war??

View more questions Search