Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TristanTT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2003, 04:41 AM
    My movie files won't work anymore:(
    Hi, a while back, my computer got an autodialer type program called ecpm which stopped my computer connecting to my cable internet. After many attempts to get rid of it, we consulted our provider who said we had to reinstall windows. But before we did that, we tried searching for ecpm in regedit, and deleted all trace of it. Whilst this proved successful and the internet again connected, ever since then, some movie files (avi's ,mpg's etc) stopped working. Whilst some files remained working in realone player and divx, others stopped working altogether saying a general error has occurred (in real player) and windows media player stopped working any files altogether, even after reinstallation. I was just wondering if you had ever heard of anything like this occouring before, or if you could provide me with any helpful information. Thanks a lot
    TRistan
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2003, 02:14 PM
    My movie files won't work anymore:(
    Now you need to also reinstall real player if that's what you mostly play your videos in

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater won't work in auto [ 5 Answers ]

Whenever I turn my heater on in auto it will not come on. I have switched to Run and it comes on but only blows cool air. The pilot light is lit. The A/C works great so I have no idea what this might be, I read that it might be a relay but have no idea which one it is a ~17 yr old Trane unit so...

It won't work [ 2 Answers ]

My mp3 player uses napster and you hook it up and when I try to download it says no device detected Whys that

Husband won't work [ 8 Answers ]

My husband won't work right now either. He used to make a good salary. He has decided he is going to be a real estate agent. He has been one for 10 months and has contributed 4,000.00 to our expenses this year. We have financial responsibilities like two mortgages, cars, insurance, etc. and I have...

Nero won't burn .vob files with same name [ 5 Answers ]

Why can't I burn two or more folders containing same-name files, such as "VTS_01_1.VOB"? The files with the same name are in different folders so I though it'd work fine, but nope. And neither does changing the names. Im using Nero if that helps.

My boss won't let me come back to work. [ 4 Answers ]

I've been off work for a month due to surgery,the doctor gave me a note saying I can return to work but on light duty for the first two weeks. My boss won't let me return to work until I am all better. I am a cashier and most of my work is light duty type work, the heavy stuff has been done by...

View more questions Search