Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Aug 24, 2009, 03:34 PM
    Vegan Marble Cake
    I wish I thought to ask sooner...

I am throwing a surprise get together for my girlfriend on Wednesday and want to bake her favorite cake, marble cake. My girlfriend is also very much lactose intolerant and so I plan on making a vegan marble cake with non-dairy icing and in the shape of a big "Lactaid" (Lactaid has become something of a joke between our friends as she always needs to take one before we eat)

After a lot of looking around, I have found many many recipes... but not many "reviews" on the recipe. I would hate to screw up royally on my first attempt. As of now, I am comfortable with the following recipe that I have found on the internet: Vegan Bicyclinguist – Vegan Marble Cake

The icing is a bit more tricky. But I decided to go with: Vanilla Icing - Dairy-Free Icing Recipe

I am going to wait to pick up the ingredients in case anyone can recommend something that they have tried, know tastes and works good, is highly recommended, or maybe something from an actual cook book.

Thank you very much.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 09:41 PM
    So basically you can't use eggs right? You need to go to Recipezaar.com and put in what you want. They have tried and true recipes with stars for people voting on them.
    I have tried a bunch and they have all been great.
    Read the comments that they provide, they give some good hints.:)

There is also recipe.com and I'm sure a million others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vegan can't lose weight. [ 7 Answers ]

According to a BMI calculator I have 27 pounds to lose My husband and I decided to go vegan for health reasons. I don't eat un-healthy. I home cook all but maybe 1 or 2 meals a week. I have not eaten any cheese, dairy, meat, etc for a nearly a month. I don't just eat potatoes I make sure that my...

Vegan health concerns [vegetarians too] [ 1 Answers ]

I've been a vegan for almost 7 years now, but a vegetarian for almost 10. I take my multivitamins daily, which include iron, calcium and other essentials. I eat right but ever since I had my daughter my iron has been very low. I take pills and try to add more veggies that have iron but it's...

Safety of a vegan diet? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a good friend who is a vegan. He takes vitimin and mineral supplements, but I still asssume that he has some deficiencies. He has bad breath and his skin is unhealthy looking. He also has a dry tongue and a constant cough. I don't know if these are caused by his diet, but I never noticed...

Got cake? [ 5 Answers ]

These kinds of pictures will always crack me up! 6248 Happy cake day!! Hehehe

The top of the cake [ 4 Answers ]

Im learning how to cook cakes and so far they come out really good. I think it is time for me to go to the next level. I can't do that unless I first learn how to make the top of the cake flat. It seems like I am flatting it and flatting it but once it come out from the oven its no longer flat....

View more questions Search