Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yusaki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 12:29 PM
    Specified Module Could Not be Found
    All right well, I just registered today so Im not that sure where Im really supposed to post this question at. The thing is that whenever I try to download or search the web it just gives me a similar error message that goes by "The Specified Module Could Not Be Found". For example, if I were to type something in the search bar and press go or enter it would block me out and continue to give me the repeated error message. So I use Google to search for the links directly in order to access them. If I were to try and download ANYTHING it would just give me that message, and once I start up my computer this error message pops up saying something about "Internet Desktop Has caused an error" or something like that and then it tells me to send an error message or not. This all started when These two updates came up, It said updates ready to download, so I downloaded them on the 24th of October. Once they were finished downloading there was an additional update saying to upgrade into the new version of internet explorer 7, and so I downloaded it but it wouldn't download completetly so I had to stop it. After downloading those updates I restarted my computer and that's when I saw that my internet explorer had gone back to how it was (The older version from internet explorer 7) and I didn't know what was going on. Everything seemed fine and then I started receiving those error messages, so Im not sure what's going on. If someone can please help me with this situation please do, because I need to know right away on what's wrong with my computer in order to fix the problem as soon as possible.
    helixfire Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2006, 01:30 AM
    Hmmm.. does it say what module can't be found? But yea if you were in the middle of installing the new internet explorer 7 from the beta version it was probably in the removing the old one (which would have made it revert to the older one) when it cut out on you. Try reinstalling it again. The error messages are normal for XP and can actually be turned off if you want them to be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where Is Ignition Module 1992 Honda Accord Ex [ 12 Answers ]

My Car Won't Start And I'm Not Getting Any Spark From The Coil, So I Replaced The Coil To No Avail. I Guess The Next Thing Is The Ignition Module.. can Anyone Please Tell Me Where It Is Located... thanks

Explorer "specified module could not be found [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I try and download anything from the internet, I get a "Specified Module could not be found" error message. The computer was given to me. Should I do a XP Home repair on the system?

The specified module could not be found [ 2 Answers ]

When ever I try to download something on internet explorer a message saying 'The specified module could not be found' Can someone please help me?:confused:

What's the phone jack module supposed to look like when wired properly? [ 2 Answers ]

A couple years ago our phone jacks in the 2nd story quit working. We didn't fix them, just bought a multiple phone system. Suddenly our main phone jack in the kitchen has failed to work. The rest of the phones and phone jacks in the house are still working properly. How can I tell which wires...

LoadLibrary("initpki.dll") failed - The specific module could not be found. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I think I may have got myself in a bit of a pickle here! and I'm a bit of a novice in terms of computing. Right I have XP and I have AOL 9.0, I recently downloaded MSN messenger 7.5, I've had no problem with msn messenger in the past but this time I couldn't sign on. I also noted that I...

View more questions Search