Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROOMI Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 12:07 PM
    About water flow
    Sir, I work in a water treatment plant. Plant is based on Reverse osmosis. Where one pump feeding water to the R.O membrane by two inch pvc pipe we know the pressure it is 58 psi but still we don't know about water flow. Please give any formula to find out water flow by calculation.
    Thank you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 29, 2006, 10:13 AM
    You haven't given us much iinformatio to go on. The length of the line. Friction loss in that line. Friction loss doe to fittings. Elevation, (will the line run up hill). etc. All of which factors in but I'll try to give you a "bare bones" answer to your question.
    For 2" sch. 40 PVC, a flow of 50 GPM would see a pressure loss over a 100 foot length, of 1.73 PSI, and the water velocity would be 4.77 feet per minute. Both of these are reasonable numbers, so if you needed 50 GPM through 100 feet of pipe, 2" would be an appropriate size.
    Hope this helps you out. Tom
    sds747 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 12:35 PM
    Comment on speedball1's post
    It as accurate a possible without additional info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water flow problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Hot water just trickles out of kitchen faucet. Fine everywhere else. Home is 10 yrs old. 2 water heaters connected together. Have replaced faucet, checked everything else. Assume it is in the pipe that goes to sink. Question: Can I try and blow air pressure through pipe? My husband says...

Water flow [ 5 Answers ]

Speedball1, I'm concerning about not having high volume of water to flow from all the newly added bathroom upstairs. What I have right now is a 3/4" cooper pipe comming in from the water meter. This 3/4" cooper pipe is then going into a manifold plumbing system for PEX pipes through out the...

Low water flow from city supply [ 3 Answers ]

I have good water pressure at the inlet from the city supply at 80lb. When I turn on one tap the pressure dropped to 40-60lb. Each additional tap drops another 20lb+. The flow almost slow to a trickle especially the shower when I flush the toilet. I believe my problem is low flow from the city....

Lose Of Water Flow In Bathtub [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem with my bathtub water flow. I have a faucet with one knob that controls both the hot and cold water flow. I can pull it out with and have full water flow only if it is dispensing both cold and hot evenly. If I try to turn it to give me more hot or more cold the water flow...

Hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the hot water tap on the flow is normal for about 1 min, then it starts to slow down and eventually stops. I turn the tap off and then back on and it does the same again.

View more questions Search