Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12cooperv Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Buying Mequinol
    Does any one know where to buy mequinol in concentrations of at least 20% on the internet? All I found was a chinese pharmacy online but I do not want asian products only products made in Canada, US, or Europe preferably the US.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 07:07 PM
    That's what I'm trying to figure out myself on how to order it from a legitimate company if I do decide to go through with it. Have you used mequinol before? What are your experiences with it?
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 06:52 PM
    Ok, Mepk5 please keep us updated.
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Aug 28, 2009, 12:54 AM
    Meq is NOT to be used by itself, you'll damage your skin. Use it with the tretinoin.....

Aug 28, 2009, 01:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mepk5 View Post
    thanks Im really going to listen to a judmental person like u!!!:D
    Fine. Ruin your skin then;)
    holyangel17 Posts: 34, Reputation: 0

Sep 28, 2009, 05:25 PM

Which Chinese lady sells it? I cannot find anywhere on the internet where they sell it without prescription? Will you please post up the site you saw? Thanks a lot!!
    mobster Posts: 105, Reputation: 0

Sep 29, 2009, 02:25 AM

Here it is
    But its only 10%.

I would suggest 10% if you are new

buy mequinol Other dermatologicals medications from goldpharma

Sep 29, 2009, 09:58 AM

Thank you very much mobster. The price is really low which is really weird. I went to the Cananda pharmacy and it's like $137 for 30 milliliters. Did you purcase mequinol from the site you listed for me? If you did, will you let me know what the results are? Again, thank you so much for your help!
    mobster Posts: 105, Reputation: 0

Sep 29, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by holyangel17 View Post
    Thank you very much mobster. The price is really low which is really weird. I went to the Cananda pharmacy and it's like $137 for 30 milliliters. Did you purcase mequinol from the site you listed for me? If you did, will you let me know what the results are? Again, thank you so much for your help!

I have not purchased it yet

You might want to look at this topic.

Very helpful

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...-394146-3.html
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 29, 2009, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dessaml View Post
    Meq is NOT to be used by itself, you'll damage your skin. Use it with the tretinoin.....

Just curious to know why it can't be used without the tretonin. I understand that the tretonin will help with the skin turnover and therefore speed up the results and allow for better penetration but why is it bad not to include it?

Sep 29, 2009, 03:23 PM

Mequinol is just like Monobenzone, another dipigmentation cream. If you do not have vitilligo, it will leave blotches and makes you look horrible! Therefore use tretonin because the compound in tretonin balances out the mequinol inhibiting the tyranose to melanin. Tretonin is an agent for cell renewal and repair but it also helps mequinol to lessen the effect so your skin will get an even tone. My dermatologist is my older brother's best friend so, we talked about this an hour ago. He was really mad because I asked him to write me a prescription for mequnol with tretonin for skin lightening. He ended up practically yelling at me yesterday for an hour because he thinks it is ridicolous for me to bleach my skin. He gave me a speech about how I should accept me for who I am and the way God made me and there is nothing wrong with me, beauty is more than skin deep... blah, blah, blah.

Well, he is White (Caucasian) so I told him try saying that in the Indian community. Anyhow, we got in a fight yesterday so, he called me today to give me some information on the product. He still is against prescribing it to me since, he can loose his license to practice if he writes it for other than skin disorders.

Overall, mequinol will damage your skin without treitonin or it won't have any effect on your skin. It's one or the other. For some people, even monobenzone ro mequinol does not have any effect due to strong melanin production by the cells which is a good thing because then, you do not have to worry about skin cancer or wrinkles.

Another thing, do not mix it by yourself!!! It should be done only licensed, professional pharmacist in lab. You have to have the equal proportion and calculation to get the desired mix.

Sep 29, 2009, 03:26 PM
    Oh another thing about mixing chemicals or solutions! You do not want it to get contaminated. There are many bacteria in the air itself so there are many procedures to sterilize the chemical such as treitonin and menoquil. My dermatoloist said it is mixed in powder formula because when they are seperate creams, usually other bases are added such as glycerin so, if you mix it by yoursefl, it might be dangerous!
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2009, 03:42 PM
    Thanks Holyangel for the mequinol info. So, would you prefer buying it from Gold Pharma or just have your friend write a prescription? Can you get it from Gold Pharma without a prescription?

I thought 10% is quite strong compared to the required strength of 2% to lighten spots, but not the strongest such as 20% for depigmentation.

Sep 29, 2009, 03:48 PM

I do not recommend buying it from Gold Pharma. It is pure mequinol and they gave wrong information! They stated it was for hyperpigmentation but it is only for vitiligo.

My friend currently REFUSES to write me the prescription but I'm going to try to flirt myself into getting a prescription (lol... ). I told him he could write it for my acne scars in my back which he was like, "NO! those are nothing, it doees not require Solage." But, I know he will not get in trouble if he writes prescription for the acne scars. It's not like the pharmacy will tell me to show them my back for acne scars. Lol... I am having dinner with my brother and him this Saturday so, I am going to try to get him to write it for me. I will definitely keep you updated :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2009, 04:21 PM
    I do not recommend buying it from Gold Pharma. It is pure mequinol and they gave wrong information! They stated it was for hyperpigmentation but it is only for vitiligo.

My friend currently REFUSES to write me the prescription but I'm going to try to flirt myself into getting a prescription (lol.....). I told him he could write it for my acne scars in my back which he was like, "NO! those are nothing, it doees not require Solage." But, I know he will not get in trouble if he writes prescription for the acne scars. It's not like the pharmacy will tell me to show them my back for acne scars. lol..... I am having dinner with my brother and him this Saturday so, I am going to try to get him to write it for me. I will definitely keep you updated :)
    Lol... flirt away... he would know what your up too, but he just might write a prescription for it. :p

Sep 29, 2009, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    Just curious to know why it can't be used without the tretonin. I understand that the tretonin will help with the skin turnover and therefore speed up the results and allow for better penetration but why is it bad not to include it?
    Because the tretenoin stabalizes it, I use mequinol for lightening. But it is mixed with tret... use meq by itself and it will depig

Sep 29, 2009, 10:25 PM
    Mequinol is just like Monobenzone, another dipigmentation cream. If you do not have vitilligo, it will leave blotches and makes you look horrible! Therefore use tretonin because teh compound in tretonin balances out the mequinol inhibiting the tyranose to melanin. Tretonin is an agent for cell renewal and repair but it also helps mequinol to lessen the effect so your skin will get an even tone. My dermatologist is my older brother's best friend so, we talked about this an hour ago. He was really mad because I asked him to write me a prescription for mequnol with tretonin for skin lightening. He ended up practically yelling at me yesterday for an hour because he thinks it is ridicolous for me to bleach my skin. He gave me a speech about how I should accept me for who I am and the way God made me and there is nothing wrong with me, beauty is more than skin deep.....blah, blah, blah.

Well, he is White (Caucasian) so I told him try saying that in the Indian community. Anyhow, we got in a fight yesterday so, he called me today to give me some information on the product. He still is against prescribing it to me since, he can loose his license to practice if he writes it for other than skin disorders.

Overall, mequinol will damage your skin without treitonin or it wont' have any effect on your skin. It's one or the other. For some people, even monobenzone ro mequinol does not have any effect due to strong melanin production by the cells which is a good thing because then, you do not have to worry about skin cancer or wrinkles.

Another thing, do not mix it by yourself!!! It should be done only licensed, professional pharmacist in lab. You have to have the equal proportion and calculation to get the desired mix.
    Mequinol is NOT like monobenzone, I wish people would stop saying that....

true, they are both depigment agents in their pure form....but mequinol is MUCH more stable than monobenzone. And when it is mixed with tretenoin is DOES NOT DEPIG....I use this....it lightens.

Sep 29, 2009, 10:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Thanks Holyangel for the mequinol info. So, would you prefer buying it from Gold Pharma or just have your friend write a prescription? Can you get it from Gold Pharma without a prescription?

I thought 10% is quite strong compared to the required strength of 2% to lighten spots, but not the strongest such as 20% for depigmentation.
    That's where I got it, no prescription for it. Use it sparingly if you decide to get it, but the hyperpigmentation on my chest is just going away, it's really amazing.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2009, 04:07 PM
    Thats where I got it, no prescription for it. Use it sparingly if you decide to get it, but the hyperpigmentation on my chest is just going away, it's really amazing.
    That's great Dessaml that you are seeing improvement. I agree that it is more stable. I think I would rather just use it for my acne spots and hyperpigmentation on my knees and elbows. If you were able to get it from there and seeing improvement then I may eventually try their too, especially without a prescription because I want to be ready for the next summer, thanks.

Sep 30, 2009, 05:58 PM
    Mequinol is NOT like monobenzone, I wish people would stop saying that....

true, they are both depigment agents in their pure form....but mequinol is MUCH more stable than monobenzone. And when it is mixed with tretenoin is DOES NOT DEPIG....I use this....it lightens.
    My dermatologist stated it was like Monobenzone. He is a MD who specialized in Dermatology and works at the Cancer Center as well so, he is very familiar with these subjects. It does differ in chemical properties (you're right!), but it is both used for dipigmentation. I never said Mequinol with tretenoin is for depigmentation, I did say it is for skin lightening. Mequinol with tretenoin is known as Solage, however, my dermatologist stated that if one mix by themselves, it could cause bad side effects. I have stated in the threaded discussion somewhere, what it is. I will list it again...

You are not sure what base to mix the formula with: my dermatoloist said, they usually use glycerin and (he said some other compounds but I cannot remember the name). Also, to obtain a 0.2% to 0.1% requires precise calculations. If you know how to get it to that level, that is nice! However, if you do not, one agent will overtake the other... Also, you would have to mix the compound in a hood where it is completely sterilized. Otherwise, bacteria in general (microscopic ones) in the air could get in it and get it contaminated. Mixing chemicals in general by one who does not have the degree and credentials to do is a dangerous thing to do.

However, it is your choice! If you feel strong enough to think everything will be OK, go for it.

Also, these are the statements by my dermatologist. He might have said it to scare me but it seems like there is shedded truth in his statements so... I was just basically quoting a professioinal.

Trust me, I want Solage more than anyone so, don't think I am trying to discourage you but I just do not want you to mess up your face.

If you feel like everything will be fine, do it ,and keep us updated!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mequinol / benoquin? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Has anyone had any experience with Mequinol? I hear it depigments skin. Is it like benoquin ? I would be grateful for any information Thanks. Maddiemad.

Has anyone tried Solage Solution? (Mequinol/Tretinoin) [ 50 Answers ]

It seems promising, it suppose to be less harsh than Benoquin? A combination of Mequinol 2% (depigmentation agent) and Tretinoin 0.01% (topical retinoid)

Tell me about mequinol [ 1 Answers ]

Is Mequinol a permanent depigger like monobenzone, where it kills melanocytes or does is it just non-permanent?

View more questions Search