Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    copper0697 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2004, 05:47 PM
    Is bankruptcy the answer?
    I am 29 years old and a single mom of 2. I work part time and bring home about $830.00 a month. I owe about $13,000.00 in credit card debt. The only thing I own is my 1996 cavilier, which I hold the title to. It is really becoming a struggle for me to get by. I live with my boyfriend, and he is financially unable to help me. Is bankruptcy the answer for me??
    Thanks.
    Debt_Guy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2004, 02:54 PM
    Is bankruptcy the answer?
    You have a very tough situation. Whether you file bankruptcy, in my opinion, depends on your view of the future.

Do you someday expect to own a home? Do you want credit in the future? Will you need to finance a car?

When do you see these things in your future?

Your credit is already not good. Bankruptcy will make it worse in the short term (say the next 3 years) but thereafter it will mean less and less and time goes on.

A viable alternative to bankruptcy is some sort of settlement with the credit card company. Do you have family that can help (parents usually)? Have you thought about going to the local United Way Credit Counseling agency and seeing if they can help you set up a budget and plan to work your way out of this over time?

Bankruptcy is not a magic wand. But, it will allow you to make a clean break with the past and get a fresh start.

Email me direct if you have more questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a answer please [ 3 Answers ]

I recently inherrited 6 etchings all 4" x 6" of woman wearing different hats maybe Paris or Europe woman . Just from their chest up. The woman look like they are from the 1920's or 30's on the back of each one is a silver seal saying genuine etching , Paris Etching Society the front a c in a...

In Need Of An Answer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Evelyn. I have in my possession a jukebox that may be an interest to a collector but I need to find out info on this jukebox. I have a serial & model numbers.How would I go about obtaining this information? Could you please help me? Thank You, flanjivfur :confused:

I have the answer! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, a little while ago I asked a desperate question about my GSD, Jack. Well I got talking to a dog trainer and she recommended me the electric shock collar. Well Jack has had one on ever since and he is fabulous. I had to use it quite severely at first, he probably got one every hour or so...

I Need An Answer Please! [ 5 Answers ]

I need an answer When ever me and my b/f are together he sometimes checks out other chicks I do sometimes but when he does it I feel insecure like he wants to be with a hotter chick than w/ me and its probably I'm jealous and I hate it because I check out other chicks to and he isn't like...

View more questions Search