Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fabuloso_me Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 08:52 AM

I don't know what I said that makes y'all think I've got a screwy plumber, and maybe I don't understand all the terms he uses, so maybe I'm relaying them to you wrong, but he has only snaked my pipe. He is waiting to hear from me to see if that worked. If it doesn't he is more than willing to make the closed system or to go through the bottom plank of wood (which I think is rotted anyway) to do a plastic pipe instead of fooling with the metal one since that wouldn't involve hurting the concrete.
    You have my best interests at heart and being able to come to you in this forum to make sure I'm not being taken advantage of is great. I appreciate you. But I promise that he isn't being screwy.

My regular plumber referred me to this gentleman because he only has a simple snake that merely bumps a block out, not one that reams (?) the line entirely. He is the one that was afraid we'd have to bust concrete "in order [for me] to have it the way I want it" and he didn't want to do that (and neither did I honestly) so he had me go to this guy.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 10:19 AM

Maybe it's just because we are just old curmudgeons. When things don't sound logical we get off balance. Like when you have a quarter is one pocket and nothing in the other.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 28, 2009, 11:15 AM
    I'm not putting a "down" on your plumber but if he didn't make that a closed system after he snaked it and told you to use it then he didn't "go the extra mile".Making the system a closed one would have been one my first moves after snaking. Just my opinion. Tom

Aug 28, 2009, 11:53 AM

My boyfriend did a load of his whites and there is foam on the floor. So I guess he's coming back.

I didn't mean to make y'all mad or I hope you don't think I was getting smart. That's what I don't like about the typed word. Meaning and context get lost or misinterpreted.

I'll get back with you about what the next move is.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 28, 2009, 12:04 PM
    Fab sweetie!
    I'm not mad and I'm not angry. I just have no more to offer. I've made my recommendations and they evidently have fallen on deaf ears. I can do no more. I wish you good luck with your washer problem. Bye-bye! Tom

Aug 28, 2009, 12:54 PM

No I've very much appreciated everyone's recommendations. I've heard (and mostly understood) what everyone has said I think. And I think I'm implementing what was suggested. I don't want you to think I'm "deaf"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water overflows from drain pipe for washing machine [ 3 Answers ]

When my washing machine drains, the water from the pipe overflows. What can I do besides calling a plumber? Thanks in advance. Grams!

Washing Machine Stand Pipe re-do [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I've perused the various question and answers for washing machine stand pipes overflowing, adjacent sinks filling up etc. I've found a number of good solutions, however, I would like to get some opinions / suggestions for my particular instance. Background Summary - 30+ year old...

Washing machine box drain pipe cap [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into a new house, and the wall mounted washing machine "box", that contains the hot/cold water connection and a standpipe for the drain, currently has a plastic cap covering the drain pipe. The cap has a cylindrical protrusion, which looks like it might be used for turning the cap...

Water backs up in washing machine drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a washing machine drain pipe (PVC) that I can see has some standing water in it, about 18 inches from the top. When the spin cycle starts, the water overflows after about 10 seconds. I tried baking soda/vinegar and drain cleaner, and neither made a difference in the drainage or the...

View more questions Search