Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhartzell3093 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 08:23 AM
    AC Blower cycling frequently
    I have a central AC unit with a variable speed blower. The problem is that the blower constantly comes on and turns off at short and intermittent intervals. For example, the AC cools the house until the thermostat tells it to turn off (so far, so good). However, the blower might come on a short time later and run anywhere from 5 seconds to 2 minutes. The blower then shuts off and comes back on again in another 2 minutes to 20 minutes. The outside unit is not turning off and on - just the blower. A tech said this is to be expected with a variable speed unit, but I do not remember it working like this last year. The unit is only a couple years old. Can someone tell me if I have a problem with the unit, or if the tech was right and it is supposed to work like this? Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 11:04 AM
    A tech said this is to be expected with a variable speed unit

I do not think so. The system needs to be checked by a professional who has experience with variable speed drives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ao smith power shot blower never stops without power cycling [ 0 Answers ]

I have an 8yr old AO Smith 70 gallon powershot water tank, recently it has been exhibiting the following symptoms: If powered off and then powered back on the blower starts and the burners come on and the water gets hot, but the blower never shuts off and once the burners shut off they never come...

Bryant AC blower fan motor "quick" cycling [ 11 Answers ]

While running in AC mode or fan ON mode the blower fan keeps cycling on/off contiuously for on off periods from less than a second to several minutes. I figured the motor was overheated (bad windings) so I replaced the motor and capacitor with poor results. It seems to run longer but contiues to...

Oil burner Blower cycling on and off [ 2 Answers ]

Just finished with a new second floor addition. Upgraded to two zone heating from single zone. When heat comes on after expected delay for temp to rise the blower comes on for fifteen seconds then kicks off and comes on again in about two or three minutes, and kicks off again in fifteen seconds, on...

View more questions Search