Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notchman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 04:57 AM
    Sewage smell
    I live in an older 1 story house. I have a spectic system. When the outside temperature drops at night I am having an awful septic smell in my bathroom. It does not help to shut all the drains or running water in the drains. Any suggestions?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 24, 2009, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by notchman View Post
    I live in an older 1 story house. I have a spectic system. When the outside temperature drops at night I am having an awful septic smell in my bathroom. It does not help to shut all the drains or runing water in the drains. Any suggestions??
    The very first thing I would do is pull the toilet and replace the wax seal. Wax seals can sometimes keep the water from leaking out but fail to contain the sewer gas, Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage smell [ 4 Answers ]

I cannot source the cause of very unpleasant sewage or stale water smells in upper and lower rooms of my house. All drains are clear as is the internal waste plumbing.

Sewage smell [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My downstairs bathtub is emitting a horrible sewer smell and I've poured bleach and boiling hot water down the drains but it still smells. The smell is also coming out of the drain from my laundry area in the garage (I think the pipes are connected.) Do I need to have a plumber come out...

Sewage smell [ 1 Answers ]

I am blessed to have 1 full & 2 (1/2) baths. The 1/2 bath on my first floor has a sewage smell coming out of the sink. What's happening and how can I get rid of it. I do not smell it in any other bathroom or my kitchen sinks. The sink drain fine with no problems, just an odor. Help!!

Hello, About a week ago the pump for my septic tank broke. I replaced the pump And everything is working fine now. My problem is that some sewage backed up into my downstairs washroom onto an old cement floor. I have noticed a strong odor in the basement and coming up through the air vents. I...

I have a one year old home which this past summer, I was getting a sewage smell. At first is was only happening on a windy day. I'm on septic system, my floor drains in basement are always full with water. I was getting the smell in my sons room through the return air grill.. After I figured...

View more questions Search