Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1234567890 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 11:03 AM
    Laptop cd-rw
    I can't get my cd-rw rom to work, it says D:\ is not accessible, Device is not ready. My bios is picking it up its in my computer, device manager is seeing it no problems. I'm using win 98 and I want to put in xp pro but have to get this cd rom to work first so I can use the xp disk. A virus scan said it was locked by the driver and utilities cd. What does this mean and how do I unlock it. My other cd rom is not even in the bios and does nothing but blink all the time. Anyboddy in this fourm have an idea of this problem!
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Oct 26, 2006, 05:57 PM
    I'd start by uninstalling it and re-installing it from the device manager. Then you could try getting more recent firmware from the manufacturer and also try uninstalling and re-installing all of your burning software. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lap top help [ 7 Answers ]

I got this lap top for Christmas and need someone to check it over. I am sending all the info about it. It is "slow". And the username is not mine--how do I change that? What can I put in it to go faster---or take out? Gloria ...

Lap-top monitor renewal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there: I had a tarffic accident this summer, which basically led to the braking of my lap top. My lap-top is an old Toshiba notebook CDT-620. Does anyone have an idea how much it will cost to get a new monitor? Cheers Marko

Shut down and boot up of lap top [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older IBM Thinkpad 390X running Windows 2000 Professional. For some reason, when I start my computer, it takes several tries of turning it on and off and taking it through several shutdowns before it functions correctly. For example, when I click on my desktop icons, nothing happens - I...

Oil top-up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I bought my new car in September of last year, and it obviously came with the oil that the company (vauxhall) put it. But I have topped it up with a different make of oil. This should be OK shouldn't it ?

View more questions Search