Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zrtracing Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 10:56 PM
    Jow to fix a plumbing mistake
    Thanks for all your help. Now my next problem. While I was at the hard wear store buying the glue you recommended to connect my PVC toilet flange to my ABS pipe coming out of my concrete, my brother decided to finish the job I was working on so he could install the toilet. He glued the PVC toilet flange to the ABS pipe using ABS glue. When I got home with the right glue he was so proud of himself the toilet was installed, not knowing he used the wrong glue. (Crap) will that glue hold (being a non pressure fitting and the very end of the line or how do I get them apart to use the right glue (with out cutting if possible)? Thanks so much
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 11:28 PM

Now that the toilet is already installed and like you say this is not pressurized fitting I would suggest to leave it for the time being, and watch it in the future if any leak or smell coming out from the base of the toilet, then you have to remove the toilet cut the flange and replace it, but wait un till morning when experts wakes up and get on they may give you better idea then mine, Thanks.

John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 24, 2009, 04:18 AM
    Can't give you much better advice then John. Use it, watch it, and if you don't have any leaks, buy your brother a beer and forget it. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not So Much a Mistake. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey y'all! I have a bit of a sticky situation and need a new perspective, so I'd be grateful for any opinions that you may have... A little bit of background - I go to college with most of the people I hung out with in high school. In a way it's great, but we brought all the damn history...

Correctional grade plumbing how different from commercial plumbing or residential [ 3 Answers ]

Just need a little information about the difference to answer a questioner .

By mistake filed 1040 last year, How I can recover the mistake? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My situation is, I was working on OPT with one of the company in USA and married, I asked one of my friend for guidance, he suggested me to file 1040 for tax, So I filed tax last year(2007) with 1040, and now when I research this year (2008) I came to know that I should have filed 1040NR...

My mistake [ 11 Answers ]

My mistake was I had a french kiss with an another guy... it was all unintentinal... I was drunk and I didn't realised... after a really long time... I accepted the truth to my love... he is totally broken... now he don't want to settle with me... I love him to the core... I have askes thousands of...

Mistake [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I used your site a lot over the years with great success so thought I would try again. I have just made a big mistake and now I am suffering. My daughter asked me to find her a program to change the login screen on her PC and change her styles etc. I found a program called...

View more questions Search