Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rucantu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 06:20 PM
    6X6 Post Twisting
    I recently built a 9'H x10'W x 10'L Pergola on a concrete slab. Each corner has a 6x6 pressure treated post and one of the post has started to twist on the bottom. The top has not been affected yet but I am worried it soon will. Any way of trying to straighten out the post. The post is anchored to the concrete but I believe the recommended 1 bolt anchor wasn't enough support. Please Help!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 07:08 PM

A 6x6 twisted, not bowed? Unusual.

No amount of bolting would have prevented. You will just have to replace it.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 01:58 AM

There are grades of pressure treated lumber.

Need ones that are structure rated.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn tractor blade drive belt twisting/breaking [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced the blade drive belt on my riding mower and it broke after 3 hours. I checked for anything that would cut the belt, found nothing, and installed another new belt. After engaging the blades for 20 seconds I stopped and checked the belt and noticed it had twisted. This happened on...

More twisting of the truth and deception by NObama! [ 3 Answers ]

The silver tongued devil is at it again, and given all the previous examples of his deception and mis-truths, I guess it is no surprise, but is sure is frustrating. He is taking advantage of the under-educated Americans who don't understand the details of politics and how he twists words to...

Sc-fi: global warming/ E.T hidden in eart, under us, twisting knees [ 1 Answers ]

Please, I want to find the title of that movie, don't remember who played in it :( There were hidden aliens under us, in a base in eart, and they were causing a global warming of the system to survive... They looked like normal humans except that they died if they were in contact of froze thing......

V-belt twisting [ 6 Answers ]

When ever I engage my auger on my Sears snowthrower, The V-Belt twists upsidedown and burns. I did just replace it to what I thought was the correct size. I was very tight to get on. Did I get a too small belt? Is this why it is twisting?:(

New Fluorescent Bulb (the small spiral twisting tube type) [ 3 Answers ]

After purchasing and then installing three (3) of those new fluorescent bulbs to replace some of my incandescent bulbs, I have some questions. 1. I hear a low volume “humming” in 2 of the 3 bulbs. One is louder than the other, but there is one as quiet as a sleeping baby. Is that noise...

View more questions Search