Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikeFoxNZ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 04:10 PM
    What Movie - School boy bike hits married woman's garage door
    In about the 70s I saw a movie in which a school boy or student had a relationship with a married woman. He would ride his bike to her house after school. She watched from window and opened the garage door for him. The husband found out and next time he came the garage door did not open and he crashed into it.
    Do you know what the movie is titled ? Many thanks.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 05:46 PM

Alvin Purple.
    Review of Alvin Purple
    Here's a clip of the scene: http://aso.gov.au/titles/features/alvin-purple/clip1/

Aug 23, 2009, 10:12 PM
    Hi Quinn F. Thanks for your suggestion but I don't think it's the one. From what I can remember the guy was at college. The married woman stood at the window and remotely opened the door when he can. After her husband found out you could see them both at the window when the guy on the bike arrived but this time the door did not open and he crashed into it.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 06:23 AM

Did you watch the first clip? The scene where he crashes into the garage door and the husband and wife are watching at the window begins at about 1:30.

Aug 24, 2009, 02:41 PM

Hi Quinn, I now think you are right. As it's over 30 years since I saw it, I think I have got parts mixed in my memory with The Graduate. It's an Australian movie and we lived there when it came out, so I'm now pretty sure you are right. Our local video store has it, so I'll watch it tonight. Many thanks. Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door Opener Will Not Close Door. Light Is Flashing. [ 16 Answers ]

Garage door opener does not close door. Light is flashing and there no obstructions in sensors. Chester

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

Drunk mother hits kid on bike [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help with this movie, it is probably from the 80's, maybe even the 70's. It is about a mother who is an alcoholic who hits a teen riding his bike and kills him. Then the alcoholics son starts dating the sister of the teen who was killed and of course the families are in an uproar. I...

Garage door opener making loud noise and door won't go up [ 1 Answers ]

When I pushed the button to open my mom's garage door, the door went up about an inch and made a loud banging noise like a machine gun. We got the door to open by pushing on the button and pushing up on the door. The noise is coming from the part in the middle of the garage door that goes down...

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

View more questions Search