Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ruhollah Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Apply to a university in US for PhD
    Hi everybody,:)
    I am planning to pursue my academic study as a PhD student in a US university, but I really do not know how to cope with its procedure, however, I have been visiting many US universities homepages and accumulated a mass of information and conditions for applying, which one may feels confused among them.
    My main problem is that I really do not know for which major, amongst a lot of different and broad extended majors and institutes, apply.
    My educational history: M.Sc. Graduated in Mech. Eng. About 1 year ago (B.Sc. Mech. Eng. too);
    Current position: research scientist in an academic institute in the realm of nanoscience.
    Research Interests: lies in any subject related to nanoscience, including its computational/bio/experimental aspects. In addition, I have a great deal of interest in High Performance Computing and IT/ICT fields, especially if related to nanosci/tech, or related to "Deep Computing" approach both software/hardware viewpoints.
    I would be grateful if anyone can help me in doing this procedure. I welcome any suggestion, guideline or experience.
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Nov 27, 2006, 12:41 PM
    Well if u get some info
    Let me know?
    Please
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 27, 2006, 01:37 PM
    Hi Ruhollah,
    If studying in the Boston area interests you at all, this is one of the most highly regarded institutes in the US for fields that seem to be of interest to you:

http://web.mit.edu/admissions/gradua...ams/index.html

Hope this is of some help. Take care. :)
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Talk to faculty in the department where you got your degrees (and/or supervisors and co-workers where you work) and ask for their recommendations of PhD programs that would fit with your interests, experience and goals. Read the literature in your field and see where the cutting edge work is being done, and by whom.
    ruhollah Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 03:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sovaira
    well if u get some info
    let me know?
    please
    Hi Sovaira! What information do u need? By the way, my mail=ruhollah[dot]mb[at sign]gmail[dot]com
    Golam Mohammed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 06:14 PM
    Hi! Iam a new member.
    I want to know about Belford University in Texus. Is it a recognised university,I mean is is accredt ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should churches apply for 501c3? [ 2 Answers ]

LBJ's Conspiracy To Silence the Churches of America Most churches in America have organized as "incorporated 501c3 tax-exempt religious organizations." This is a fairly recent trend that has only been going on for about fifty years. Churches were only added to section 501c3 of the tax code in...

How to apply for dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Im a greek american girl trying to get dual citizenship with US/Greece. My dad is from there, but moved here before he had me. How do I go about starting this process, and how long does it take? Where do I go to give the proper documents to? And how can I get my grandparents birth...

View more questions Search