Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annicee maleen Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 04:40 AM
    Significant leader in the bible?
    Hi! Guys. I just want to ask if you know a significant character in the bible that is known for being a good leader?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 08:14 AM

Paul!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 03:52 AM

Um...
    That's a hard one...

Another good candidate: How about Jesus! :)
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 24, 2009, 04:27 AM

Solomon

Job wasn't a huge leader but he was his family leader

Herod was evil but a good leader from a non-christian viewpoint
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 03:40 PM
    There are many
    Joseph, Moses, Joshua, David, Johosiphant, Jesus, Peter, Paul to name a few.

Almost every book of the Bible points to some aspect of outstanding leadership
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 11:22 PM
    I must agree with paraclete on this.
    As he said there are many people mentioned in the various books of the bible to have been good leaders, even some women are so indicated.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 07:11 AM

It would appear from the Bible all that the Lord wants is someone who is willing to obey him and have faith that HE will accomplish His purpose. There are different types of leaders and all different types of personalities. They were ALL sinners... (except the Lord Jesus). So the Lord could use anyone and usually the one that the world has disgarded as unimportant or insignificant. I think of John the Baptist ( he was a strange duck I don't care who you are.. ha) Then of course there was Moses... he was a murderer! How about David... a wimpy scawny kid with faith a sling shot and 5 smooth stones. I also LOVE the story of Esther! She saved the Jewish people... and was shaking in her shoes when she came before the King. Then of course there was Gideon ( I'm sure he looked like Barney Fife! Ha) There was Rahab ( a prostitute) who is in the direct line of the family tree of our Lord! Amazing who the Lord will use.

I don't see anyone leader being more important than the other.. the Lord used all of them to accomplish his purpose. Obedience and Faith were the prerequisites.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    solomon

job wasnt a huge leader but he was his family leader

herod was evil but a good leader from a non-christian viewpoint
    Herod? LOL well if you think chopping off heads of baby boys under two is a great leader.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 08:09 AM
    significant character? ONLY ONE!

Isa 55:3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. 55:4 Behold, I have given HIM for a witness to the people, a Leader and Commander to the people.

HIM = Messiah: not David, but David's SON and David's LORD

CHRIST JESUS the KING of KINGs, and LORD of LORDs
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2009, 08:18 AM
    I suspect the OP will never return to this thread. This question is one of those perennial homework ones.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Homework
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I suspect the OP will never return to this thread. This question is one of those perennial homework ones.
    I expect you are right but it gave cause for thought for a moment:D
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 09:46 PM
    I do thing that Jesus is the most significant leader mentioned in the bible.
    But...
    There are many others of some important significance mentione all the way through the bible from beginning to end.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2009, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    I do thing that Jesus is the most significant leader mentioned in the bible.
    But....
    There are many others of some important significance mentione all the way through the bible from beginning to end.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred.
    Fred,

Don't you agree that what is written of others is shown to be an examples of man, and they all having fallen to sin. None can boost or show pride in their own actions.

Those others in their success were only successful when God's hand of power was worked by them. The significance remains in God and with God even by their act of importance, because God sent them (Act 7:35) examples Moses being appointed by God a ruller and judge.

" The Hand of God"

Act 7:36 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear. (Deu 18:15)

Deu 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2009, 09:45 PM
    sndbay ,
    Yes I do agree.
    I also believe that credit should be given where credit is due.
    That of course being God into the picture first, but others who tried to follow His will should be included.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Significant digit [ 12 Answers ]

88.375/1264.7= 234.6+89x6.8= 471-22.85= calculate all questions to the correct significant digit

Significant digit [ 2 Answers ]

3.5x10+3 --------- = 1.226x10-7 ------=divide calculate to the correct significant digit

Significant figures [ 5 Answers ]

In significant figures how is last digit of measiremsnt usually determinde

Share what you like about your significant other [ 10 Answers ]

Recently on the site I've seen threads asking people to share what annoys about their spouse, and I realize it's all in fun, but it got me thinking... what do you like about your spouse? What do you really appreciate about them? My husband is tall (lol I like tall men, even though I'm short),...

View more questions Search