Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STEF182 Posts: 16, Reputation: -3

Aug 22, 2009, 07:16 PM
    What's the worst that can happen - child abuse?
    Hi. What is the worst that can happen to someone who has in so many words, abused a child. No beating but let's say grabbing an arm or leaving a bruise or scratch, especially if it's an accident? If the parents seek to press charges, what's the worst that can happen to this person? Jail? Bail? A fine? I ask because I know someone who works in a daycare who is afraid that one day scratching a child or accidentally bruising a child might result in criminal charges.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 07:40 PM

The Person who has the Most Money, will win over a Person of lesser money, even though they are wrong, lawyers are destroying our Country. They protect the Worst, and won't Defend the Best, It's a Money thing.
    If Bruising is a problem, tell her to handle them like Glass, No possibility of bruising or breakage.
    Accidents happen, Tell Her/him to handle them Gently, they're baby's, Big Babies.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by STEF182 View Post
    Hi. What is the worst that can happen to someone who has in so many words, abused a child. No beating but let's say grabbing an arm or leaving a bruise or scratch, especially if it's an accident? If the parents seek to press charges, what's the worst that can happen to this person? Jail? Bail? A fine? I ask because I know someone who works in a daycare who is afraid that one day scratching a child or accidentally bruising a child might result in criminal charges.
    That means this person has no business being around children. They are more worried about themselves,and possible legal action against them, than they are with the welfare of a child. An accident is just that. Grabbing or rough-handling a child is abuse. Let's get that straight. If this person scratches or bruises a child , they deserve to be punished. If it were my children, the courts would be the LEAST of their worries.

Aug 23, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    That means this person has no business being around children. They are more worried about themselves,and possible legal action against them, than they are with the welfare of a child. An accident is just that. Grabbing or rough-handling a child is abuse. Let's get that straight. If this person scratches or bruises a child , they deserve to be punished. If it were my children, the courts would be the LEAST of their worries.
    You misread the message. This person is not worried just about themselves and this person is great with children, just loses patience at some times and doesn't realise her own strength. She doesn't mean to hrut the children. This person thinks she should seek professional help, such as anger management. I think your answer was not very helpful at all sir, you did not answer the question, you attacked the question and threatened basically to punish this person for something not even close to needing punishment. Anyway, thanks for your opinion.
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 11:50 AM
    You misread the message. This person is not worried just about themselves and this person is great with children, just loses patience at some times and doesn't realise her own strength. She doesn't mean to hrut the children. This person thinks she should seek professional help, such as anger management. I think your answer was not very helpful at all sir, you did not answer the question, you attacked the question and threatened basically to punish this person for something not even close to needing punishment. Anyway, thanks for your opinion.
    I'm sorry you think it wasn't helpful, but I obviously didn't misread the message as she admittedly understands she has anger issues. That was my point all along. If she mis-handles children, she needs help before she is around them again. She can be absolutely wonderful 95% of the time, as I'm sure she is, according to you, but the other 5% will get her in trouble. She knows she has a problem. Then why isn't she getting help? " She doesn't mean to hurt the children" is what you said. If it's happening, then she is ultimately responsible. That may not be the answer you wanted, and I'm sorry for being so harsh, but children are innocent victims, and cannot defend themselves. Unintentional abuse is still abuse. Do you have kids? I do, and would not want someone with anger issues being in charge of them. Even if the percentage was 1%. That's my point.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 12:00 PM

Someone that has anger issues and "doesn't know their own strength" and grabs children should not be working at a daycare.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    The Person who has the Most Money, will win over a Person of lesser money, even though they are wrong, lawyers are destroying our Country. They protect the Worst, and wont Defend the Best, Its a Money thing.
    If Bruising is a problem, tell her to handle them like Glass, No possibility of bruising or breakage.
    Accidents happen, Tell Her/him to handle them Gently, they're babys, Big Babies.

What a negative view on life. So sorry you feel this way. A lawyer must have done wrong to you or someone you love. Trust me they are not all bad guys. What makes this country bad are those who need the defending (not referring to the innocent). The ones who can't tell wrong from right or just don't care!
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 12:06 PM

If this person has an anger issue and man handles a child then yes she diserves what she should get and perhaps needs to find another line of work. Trust me if I picked my child up and found a bruise or a scratch the police would be called.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2009, 12:52 PM

Hello S:

If this person abuses a child, whether he meant to or not, he'll be put in JAIL, and that's where he should be.

What?? IF somebody grabbed YOU and left marks, you don't think that person belongs in jail?? Fortunately for the disadvantaged, the law thinks he should.

excon

Aug 23, 2009, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello S:

If this person abuses a child, whether he meant to or not, he'll be put in JAIL, and that's where he should be.

What??? IF somebody grabbed YOU and left marks, you don't think that person belongs in jail???? Fortunately for the disadvantaged, the law thinks he should.

excon
    I'm sorry but that's a little extravagant. If someone grabbed me and left a mark I would not put them in jail. Grabbing may be considered abuse but it doesn't deserve jail time. Kids get grabbed all the time and not necessarily out of anger. How do you pick up a child? Do you never scold your child when he/she's done something bad? Don't say never, its impossible. It has happened to everyone at one point or another, out of anger or by accident. And not all those people deserve to go to jail. Anyway I suppose everyone has their point of view, but you must be reasonable as well. Do not exaggerate because then 100% of the population would be in jail, and that's ridiculous thinking. That's why people need lawyers, because some people are accused illogically.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2009, 05:57 PM

I think what Excon is saying, if you bruise, strike, spit, It could be considered Assault, and cause for arrest.
    There are other jobs where it may desirable to strike and hit people with no accountability, but none with Kids.
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 06:04 PM
    I'm sorry but that's a little extravagant. If someone grabbed me and left a mark I would not put them in jail. Grabbing may be considered abuse but it doesnt deserve jail time. Kids get grabbed all the time and not necessarily out of anger. How do you pick up a child? Do you never scold your child when he/she's done something bad? Don't say never, its impossible. It has happened to everyone at one point or another, out of anger or by accident. And not all those people deserve to go to jail. Anyway I suppose everyone has their point of view, but you must be reasonable as well. Do not exagerrate because then 100% of the population would be in jail, and that's ridiculous thinking. That's why people need lawyers, because some people are accused illogically.
    This "person" KNOWS they have anger issues. They work with children. They obviously have lost their temper with those children. You wouldn't be here if it wasn't an issue. This person needs to get another job until they get help. Bottom line. And yes, if they hurt a child now that they know they have a problem, they should most definitely be punished to the full extent of the law. There is no "extravagance" in that at all.

Aug 24, 2009, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    This "person" KNOWS they have anger issues. They work with children. They obviously have lost their temper with those children. You wouldn't be here if it wasn't an issue. This person needs to get another job until they get help. Bottom line. And yes, if they hurt a child now that they know they have a problem, they should most definitely be punished to the full extent of the law. There is no "extravagance" in that at all.
    Well, if you go back to my question, that was the actual question, what is the law in that case? I mean, will the police arrest this person, if parents press charges, what does that mean, pressing charges? If its jail, how long, I mean, the worst I can think that can happen if it's a minor accident such as a bruise or a scratch, which by the way can happen at daycare and usually does, but I was asking this question because sometimes you get crazy parents such as yourself, who exaggerate completely. For example, another person I know owns her own daycare at home, and another baby bit this other baby and that baby's parents called the police. Don't you think that's a bit psycho? I think so. This person hasn't actually abused any of the children, this person has admitted to losing her temper and has gotten a bit rougher than usual in the fit of her momentary anger. It's not as serious as you make it sound to be punishable. But anyway, I thank you for being so protective and cautious, however, the main question wasn't answered, what are the laws on this issue (in Canada BTW).
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 03:29 PM
    however, the main question wasn't answered, what are the laws on this issue (in Canada BTW).
    Hello S:

Hello again, S:

I believe I answered your question. I haven't changed my mind.

excon

Aug 24, 2009, 03:33 PM
    Hello again, S:

I believe I answered your question. I haven't changed my mind.

excon
    Ok, but how do you know this, because you're a suppsoed excon? Do you know the canadian laws? You really sure that without any real evidence, that this person without a prior criminal record, would be put in jail or prison for accidentally bruising a child?

Aug 24, 2009, 03:35 PM
    Ok, but how do you know this, because you're a suppsoed excon? Do you know the canadian laws? You really sure that without any real evidence, that this person without a prior criminal record, would be put in jail or prison for accidentally bruising a child?
    I mean, is that an opinion or a professional answer?

Aug 24, 2009, 03:36 PM

Might I add that I researched online for any records or news reports on child abuse, and the only thing that comes up in Google are reports of sexual abuse or murder attempts. What I describe is nowhere near that.
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 03:38 PM

If you want a professsional answer hire an attorney!

Aug 24, 2009, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    if you want a professsional answer hire an attorney!
    I suppose that is the simplest answer you could give someone. An attorney is not necessary, not at this point. She has not left any marks on the children, she has only gotten rough, and was just afraid of her actions.
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Hello again, STEF:

Relax... Take a chill pill. I know you don't LIKE the answer, but that doesn't change it.

Now, you want to throw in other stuff, like there's no real evidence... You never said that before... THAT was never part of the equation. You asked what could happen to a person who accidentally or NOT abused a child. I answered it. We're not going to have a trial right here, because I can see that you're going to change up all the time. You don't want an answer. You want to be right.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Abuse of the worst kind [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if I could sue my father... he sexual abused me from a very worng age.. he went to jail for it.. but I was just wondering if I could sue him now...

What's the worst that can happen [ 8 Answers ]

I have 98 acts of truancy and 1 theft on my what's the most that can happen to me I got court tomorrow

Worst thing to happen. [ 5 Answers ]

I know this sounds like every other person after they break up, but I Can't get over my ex boyfriend. We were together for about 5 months and it was wonderful and I fell so deeply in love with him. We broke up about 5 in a half months ago. The worst part of this situtation is his mom made us break...

What's worst telling the truth or Molesting a child [ 29 Answers ]

Hilary's former Pastor Rev. William Procanick was convicted in Feb. of Molesting a 7 year old girl at his house and he lied under oath in court about this. So does this mean Hilary will lie under oath and molest children also? I say that because everyone thinks Obama will follow the lead of his...

What is the worst that can happen when you claim to be a citizen when you're not? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to apply for citizenship but before I do so I would like to hear from people who have either been through this or who know what happens in this case... About three years ago I was crossing the border for the first time and I claimed to be a citizen they took me in the room and told me...

View more questions Search