Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaBadGuy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 07:51 AM
    Don't know what to do
    My ex left me when she was 2 months pregnant out of the blue. She just up and disappeared and I haven't seen her since. She went back to her old b/f and they ran around at first saying the baby was his, she had cheated on me etc etc. Then suddenly I received genetic test papers, had the test and as I knew the child was mine. I have had limited contact with my ex, she has now stopped all contact. She wants nothing to do with me and doesn't want me involved with the child, her boyfriend and her are now raising the baby. I emailed her and asked what she wanted to do about custody etc etc, she replied (amazingly lol) and said he has a wonderful life how it is now, and she wants no money from me. I can see already that all it will be is endless hours in court, mediation and fighting with her over anything to do with the child. I have never seen the child and she has no plans to let me unless I pursue it in court.

Can I sign my rights away, and if she wants no money or help pay no child support?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2006, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBadGuy
    I can see already that all it will be is endless hours in court, mediation and fighting with her over anything to do with the child. I have never seen the child and she has no plans to let me unless I pursue it in court.
    Hello Da:

Yeah... But if it was me, I'd fight till the end of time. But, that's just me. I LIKE being a dad.

With her acquiescence, you may be able to give up your rights. You need a lawyer to draw up the agreement. Cause, if she changes her mind, say after 15 years, and you happen to be wealthy, and if you drew up the agreement on toilet paper, it's not worth crap.

excon

PS> And, what about what the child wants? What? His life is chopped liver?
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Oct 25, 2006, 01:11 PM
    I private messaged you.
    teenam1111 Posts: 16, Reputation: -3

Oct 29, 2006, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBadGuy
    My ex left me when she was 2 months pregnant out of the blue. She just up and dissapeared and I havent seen her since. She went back to her old b/f and they ran around at first saying the baby was his, she had cheated on me etc etc. Then suddenly I received genetic test papers, had the test and as I knew the child was mine. I have had limited contact with my ex, she has now stopped all contact. She wants nothing to do with me and doesnt want me involved with the child, her boyfriend and her are now raising the baby. I emailed her and asked what she wanted to do about custody etc etc, she replied (amazingly lol) and said he has a wonderful life how it is now, and she wants no money from me. I can see already that all it will be is endless hours in court, mediation and fighting with her over anything to do with the child. I have never seen the child and she has no plans to let me unless I pursue it in court.

Can I sign my rights away, and if she wants no money or help pay no child support?
    Why would you sign your rights away ? That's absurd... unless you don't WANT to be a DAD ? Has she applied for legal custody ? IF not then you do it right away ! Don't worry about her . Her life is so wonderful . But if you want to see your child grow up . Then fight for her ! Go and get custody even if temporarily . The judge should see that she left you when she was 2 months. And went back to her ex . But still... for some reason wanted to know or for you to know that you are the father . If she didn't want to be with you , then why did she go ahead with genetic testing... DUH ! Use her character as your defense . That she is not doing what is best for the child . That she is sperattic in her behavior . If you want to see your child... YOU HAVE RIGHTS TOO !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know what to do. [ 6 Answers ]

Okay so my name is Erik and I'm 20 years old. I have a girlfriend and she is 17 years old. We've been seeing each other for awhile now. Long enough to know that if something happened between us we would feel it in our stomach for a long time, and that's a ****ty feeling. So the problem is that I...

I don't know what to do [ 4 Answers ]

Ive been with the love of my life for over a year. We are engaged and thing were going great. We moved in with my parent together to save up money till we can get our own place. Hes been looking for a job but has had no luck so far and its really bringing him down. He likes to go out with his...

I don't know what to do [ 29 Answers ]

(I know that this posting is really long, but please take the time... read it, and respond. I really need this adice.) Hello. My name is MaryAnna. I recently moved to where I live about 4-5 months ago. I moved here with my now ex fiancé. Our relationship went donw the drain dew to him. It was...

I don't know [ 5 Answers ]

Hey! I'm 17 and I have never been in a relationship. I don't know when someone is flirting with me. Can you give me some tips as to when someone is flirting with me or when they are just being friendly?

I don't know why [ 12 Answers ]

I ahd been going out with my boyfriends for 6 monthes, and although that may not seem very long, it was for me. Everything had been going fine, I had been falling more and more in love with and I he told me it was the same for him. I thought we had grown together so much. However he is a...

View more questions Search