Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aaron76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 01:19 PM
    Link Firefox
    Hallo,
    I often use Firefox, a great browser, and sometimes go to Tools - Options - Security - saved password to read and erase the passwords for the sites that I visit.
    Do you know if there is a way to shorten this path, maybe insert something in the toolbar to speed up this task?
    Thank you
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 05:02 PM

One thing you could do is when Firefox asks if you want to save the password for a website, answer Never or No. That way, it won't be saved, and therefore doesn't need to be erased.

This is also more secure, because anybody can go look at your passwords if they are saved (unless you protect them with a master password--which I've found to be somewhat of a pain)

Hope this helps,
    WallyH
    aliancemd Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2010, 02:37 AM

You can Remove the Save Password option, or add an Exception for the site u don't want to save the password. In the older version there was an option to make this easier, but I don't see it now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Firefox [ 1 Answers ]

Lately, and I don't know what I may have done, but whenever I click on a desktop short cut, I get a tone for critical stop and a message that reads: Windows cannot find "http://www.whatever.com/". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start...

Firefox 2.0 [ 4 Answers ]

I'm on v1.5.0.7 - and on automatic updates. Why am I not on 2.0? Even doing a manual "check for updates", it says I'm up to date. Yeah, I know I can download and install 2.0... I'm just curious as to what's up with it saying 1.5 is "up to date"...

FireFox - What's up with this? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been using FireFox as my default browser for quite some time, but all of a sudden it stopped working. I can only use the browser if I use the safe mode (it's built into FF). I have tried unistalling & reinstalling, but that does nothing to help. Has anyone else experienced this problem &...

Firefox.exe [ 1 Answers ]

I had Firefox for my browser but decided to go back to IE. I went into Add/Remove programs and deleted it then to the registry, deleted there and it still appears as the icon with the websites I have saved on my desktop for easy access to get to online. When I click on one of them a dialog box...

View more questions Search