Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    siudave Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2003, 10:23 AM
    Freeze on Welcome page (winXP pro)
    I installed a software to PC.. after that I found out it doesn't compatible with the win XP then I removed it all from the PC, and now every time I start up the system, it takes longer than before, the system always freeze on the welcome page, and need to press Alt + Del + Ctrl to enter the win, but it's running no problem in the window envirnoment, please help!

P.S. At the welcome page, it indicated that no paging file on my system, and I already re-configure the min and max paging file on my system, but the same problem still occurred.
    heliotrope Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jun 27, 2003, 07:09 PM
    Have you tried the System Restore feature, or rebooting using "Last known good configuration" feature?

It might be worth a shot.

Rose
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2003, 01:00 PM
    Unfornualtly I believe Rose unless he has done a manual systmen restore point.. the last known good would be his current log on... As I believe it to work as long as windows boots its considered to be a good log on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP Freeze [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having trouble with my computer freezing up after 10 min. running. I did a system recovery, but did not help. The problrm began when I was up and running online and I moved the computer an inch or two to hook up speakers to the back. The only way I can shut it off is to hold the start...

My Win Me freeze during start [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my computer freezes when I start my computer. When I open my computer it gives choices such as run windows in NORMAL, SAFE MODE... but when I do in any, it just hangs, with the win screen but no start bar and no shortcut. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me, please.

Computer freeze [ 3 Answers ]

Am using win xp, when I open start menu on my desktop and then for e.g. programs-accessories- system tools, or any other program comp freezes up,can only access task manager by using ctrl alt del,which shows nothing happening, moving cursor over this window brings up egg timer icon, then have to...

View more questions Search