Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danae218 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Would divorce affect my resident status?
    Been married for 4 years and have had my residency for approx. 1 year and a 6 months
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 22, 2009, 02:08 PM

What country are we talking about here?

Aug 25, 2009, 03:45 PM
    United states

Aug 25, 2009, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    What country are we talking about here?
    u.s

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does getting a divorce affect my Permanent Resident Status? [ 4 Answers ]

I came as dependent to my wife in Canada. Now we are planning divorce. After I divorce here, does that change my status as a permanent resident? Do I have to apply again for myself to come back to Canada, if I will travel for a short vacation?

Does divorce affect immigration status? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I became a PR of Canada a month ago, my husband sposored me. Now we want to divorce. Will this dovorce affect my PR status. We live in Toronto, Canada. Thanks

Resident alein or non resident alien and filing status [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've couple of questions to you experts. I've worked in US on L1-B Visa for the entire year of 2006 and 2007 and stayed up to march 26th 2008. I was here again on 14th Dec 2008 on L1B again for work and likely to stay here until July 2009. Q1) Filing taxes for the year 2008, Am I a...

Resident status after divorce? [ 1 Answers ]

I was married for 5 years with US citizen, and have a permanent resident VISA status that was acquired from marriage. I'm now divorcing and want to know what are the implications to my VISA status. Do I have to file any forms to immigration department during the divorce? I live and work in US, and...

W4 marital status filling? Non-resident on F1 OPT married with non-resident on F2 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got married, in Massachusetts, on August 10th 2007, and now I started to understand a little bit better how the W4 form works for non-residents in F1 Visa with an OPT (Optional Practical Training) autorization. The situation is that my wife is on a F1 Visa, she graduated on May...

View more questions Search