Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 01:21 AM
    You beat me to the post! Let's work on the words for your ad.

Thanks!
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 25, 2009, 01:23 AM

OK, let's work out wording. Where would you suggest starting?

and I am VERY grateful they you help out for free on here. Thanks ^_^
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 01:40 AM
    It's my pleasure!

What's the name of the nearest LARGE metropolitan area to where you are, please?

Thanks!
    Experts

Aug 25, 2009, 01:44 AM

Cleveland Ohio large enough for you?
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 01:48 AM
    Yes! Please give me a minute...

The Cleveland Orchestra is probably my favorite orchestra in the United States!

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 01:55 AM
    Please click on the following link.

Cleveland - Google Search

You'll see a number of websites that have to do with art, in and around Cleveland, OH.

We can use words that are used on the sites on your ad and also on your website so that you'll come up on the first page in a Google search. Some of the words on those websites will be hidden, but we can find them. The words that are hidden are used to attract people to the websites and so that any particular site will be more likely to come up in the first pages of searches.

What are the things, specifically that you would like to promote concerning your art, please? I'm looking for the types of art that you do.

Thanks!
    Experts

Aug 25, 2009, 02:00 AM

Well, I work mainly in miniatures, and ceramic. I like it be functional as well as decorative. I also do a lot of multi-media work.
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 02:07 AM
    What is the medium used for the miniatures, please?

By multi-media, what specifically do you mean also, please? Knowing that will help us to narrow down as well as broaden out the words to use concerning promoting your website and subsequently ads that you might place on your website and/or on other sites.

Thanks!
    Experts

Aug 25, 2009, 02:11 AM

My miniatures are mostly ceramic.

My multi-media pieces can be any combination of ceramic, paper, leather, metal, wood, paint, ribbon, stone, fabric, and any number of other things. I really have worked in pretty much every medium I can think of.

I also have a lot of photography on my site.
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 02:26 AM
    Thanks for the intro!

What I would like for you to do, is write an introduction for who you are, what you do and where you are. Please do so on this thread. Where you are can be fictitious. Please also, don't put any contact information for you in what you write.

I would also suggest, that anything that you put on the Internet on your website, in ads or otherwise - like a site that's for businesses to promote themselves, that you use the most correct spelling and grammar that you can; use proper capitalization and lower case letters; and not be afraid, outside of this site, to use your first and last name on your website and also in any ads that you post. Doing so, will help to give you credibility and respect. For instance, I don't have much respect for and don't care much to interact with or be involved with someone who has an email address that's listed as being [email protected] who is trying to promote a business or anything else they have to offer that's legitimate for people. It just looks really unprofessional. Mine is clough@... I'm sure that you get the point here.

Not using your first and last name on this particular site is perfectly fine, because you're not trying to advertise anything but to get and offer help from and to others.

As you can see by the links that I provided earlier, both my first and last name are listed all over the Internet. Providing my first and last name is one of the reasons that advertising on the Internet is as successful as it has been for me.

In the meantime, I'm going to work on some keywords that you can place in your ads and also on your website.

Thanks!
    Experts

Aug 25, 2009, 02:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Thanks for the intro!

What I would like for you to do, is write an introduction for who you are, what you do and where you are. Please do so on this thread. Where you are can be ficticious. Please also, don't put any contact information for you in what you write.

I would also suggest, that anything that you put on the Internet on your website, in ads or otherwise - like a site that's for businesses to promote themselves, that you use the most correct spelling and grammar that you can; use proper capitalization and lower case letters; and not be afraid, outside of this site, to use your first and last name on your website and also in any ads that you post. Doing so, will help to give you credibility and respect. For instance, I don't have much respect for and don't care much to interact with or be involved with someone who has an email address that's listed as being [email protected] who is trying to promote a business or anything else they have to offer that's legitimate for people. It just looks really unprofessional. Mine is clough@.... I'm sure that you get the point here.

Not using your first and last name on this particular site is perfectly fine, because you're not trying to advertise anything but to get and offer help from and to others.

As you can see by the links that I provided earlier, both my first and last name are listed all over the Internet. Providing my first and last name is one of the reasons that advertising on the Internet is as successful as it has been for me.

In the meantime, I'm going to work on some keywords that you can place in your ads and also on your website.

Thanks!
    I don't really worry about using my first and last name online that much. It's such a common combination that unless you know a LOT about me it's almost impossible to find the right 'me' online. Not only that, but googling my name gets more horticulture hits than people.

I made sure when I set up my first email several years ago that it was professional enough to use on college applications. My username is actually the first part of most of my email accounts.

Oh, and I ALWAYS use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I can't stand it when people type in text-speak. It's only in informal writing that I let my capitalization slack.

OK, now for an intro...

My name is Heather Heath. I am an art student in the Cleveland area. Most of my artwork is miniatures and functional pieces. While I prefer working in ceramic, I work in several mediums; including metal, paper, leather, acrylic paint, stone, wood, and photography. Many of my pieces are multi-media; incorporating several mediums.

Even though my work tends to be minimalistic, it is always well-refined and finely crafted. I let the pieces stand for themselves, without needing embellishments to add to their beauty. I pride myself on being able to make even the smallest pieces functional and as detailed as their larger counter-parts.
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 02:56 AM
    I've already done some work for you that I would like to share. Please tell me if you're available to teach what you do concerning art, please?

Thanks!
    Experts

Aug 25, 2009, 03:01 AM

I don't have the space right now to do so, or I would. When I finally graduate I'm actually thinking about being an art teacher.
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 03:12 AM
    Do you mean that you don't have the time? If you don't, I can understand...

When I was in college, I only took on very few private music students to be their teacher.

Thanks!
    Experts

Aug 25, 2009, 03:14 AM

No, I don't have the space. I live with friends and there really isn't the space for me to hold art lessons. Not only that, I don't have access to a kiln right now.
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 03:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post

My name is Heather Heath. I am an art student in the Cleveland, OH area. Most of my artwork is miniatures and functional pieces. While I prefer working in ceramic, I work in several mediums; including metal, paper, leather, acrylic paint, stone, wood, and photography. Many of my pieces are multi-media; incorporating several mediums.

Even though my work tends to be minimalistic, it is always well-refined and finely crafted. I let the pieces stand for themselves, without needing embellishments to add to their beauty. I pride myself on being able to make even the smallest pieces functional as... and as detailed as their larger counter-parts.

At this point in time, I'm interested in... (What you might do for people, freelance, etc.)

Please visit my website at...
    Here are some ideas for another title for your hoobly.com ad. Cleveland, OH Artist Looking for Work, Cleveland, OH, Art Student Available for.. An Art Site in the Ohio Area That You Might Enjoy Visiting! Artists in Ohio, Etc.

Please use the introduction for yourself that you posted, in your ads.

I've made some additions to what you posted above that are highlighted in RED.

Listed below, are some tags (keywords) that you might like to add to your ads as well as your website. Keywords aren't exactly the same things as "tags". But, they will perform the same functionality.

Multi-media art in Ohio, Ohio ceramic art, Cleveland OH, paper art, art mediums in Ohio, art for sale in Ohio, City of Geneva, Ohio, arts and crafts in Ohio, Ohio art show, Lake Erie, Ohio, things to see in Ohio, visitors guide to Ohio, Geneva Ohio photographer, photographers in Ohio, Cleveland Ohio stonework, Ohio craft fairs, ceramic crafts in Ohio, Cleveland art museum, miniature art in the United States, Ohio miniature art, Ohio artists, arworks in Ohio, art products in Cleveland Ohio, Cleveland Ohio art stores, Cleveland Ohio arts and crafts

Thanks!
    Experts

Aug 25, 2009, 03:57 AM

My pieces are just functional, as whatever they are. I've made 1/4in boxes with lids that are hollow inside and 1in maracas that rattle and 2in drums with stretched hides. They're just... functional. It's too hard for me to explain in just a few words.

Also, right now I can't honestly advertise that I can take on commissions. There's no guarantee that I'll have the money, supplies, or access to needed equipment at any given time. Since most of my work is ceramic, I have to have access to a kiln in order to work. The last thing I need is a commission I can't fill.

Is there a way to make those keywords invisible, but still searchable, on my web site?
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 04:12 AM
    There should be a way to make them invisible. I would need to check with the websites that I have with them concerning the formatting of the text. But, it's very late for me now, and I'm really fading here...

Here are links to some other sites that are essentials to join.

Naymz: Over one million people use Naymz to build professional relationships.

https://www.linkedin.com/?trk=linked...FdFL5Qodl2fHmA

DomesticSale - The Effective Free Classifieds

MerchantCircle.com | Find new customers.

ZoomInfo

StumbleUpon: Personalized Recommendations to Help You Discover the Best of the Web

There are more sites. I'll be glad to work with you at a later time...

Goodnight!

Thanks!
    Experts

Aug 25, 2009, 04:15 AM

thanks for the help. Talk to you later ^_^
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 25, 2009, 06:48 AM

Hi,
    Apologies! I have wriiten HTML with a text editor for over 13 years.
    The example contains several meta tags. The first is used by braowsers and validators to help render the page.
    The search engine will grab the title tag contents and use the keywords to try to classify it. The description is added info, but repetitiive info. The others are superfluous except to another author. Many others are possible; such as the aforementioned tag to keep the robot from taking an external link and leaving. This one of the reasons a sitemap has become so important to a spider trying to classify and categorize a site; it contains only internal links (in an optimal situation.)
    Many sites exist that will submit sites to search engines. Some will do it for free, to an extent. The more work that you do (and the less they do) determines that. They can write the meta tags, etc. for you before submission and generate the submission forms for you for a price.
    For free submission, try:
    Free Search Engine Submission, Submit to 20 Popular Search Engines
    You have to check Google to see if their business units align in such a way that hosting and submission coincide.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS Look at that site to get your info ready offine (the twelve keywords/terms) and then return to fill it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Promoting resort [ 6 Answers ]

How do I write a good marketing letter about promoting my resort to various corporate companies?

Letter promoting business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have started a business from home. Could I get help formatting a letter to businesses informing them of the services offered. Thank you,

Promoting healing [ 5 Answers ]

My 14 yr. old son plays sports and is constantly bruised or has muscle aches and sprains is there vitamins or any alternative to promote healing? I am concerned about giving him anti imflamatory meds

Event promoting [ 2 Answers ]

Do give the details of my event to the nightclub owner before the club is booked??

View more questions Search