Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygiraffe123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 05:55 AM
    Washer shuts off repeatedly.
    I have a washer and dryer set we bought in 2003, when we moved into our new home. Everything was fine with the washer in the start, but now, when I put a load of laundry in, the washer quits, at least 3 times, always in the middle of the rinse cycle. I have to go and turn the knob slightly to get it going again, so washing a simple load of laundry takes forever. I just wondered if anybody knows what's causing this problem, or how I can fix it myself, if possible. If anyone can help me, that would be great. Thanks.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 25, 2006, 06:49 PM
    What kind of washer is it?
    When it stops is it full of water or only half full?
    Do you use HOT or WARM for the wash cycle?
    babygiraffe123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 06:03 AM
    The washer and dryer are both Inglis, when the washer quits, it's always full of water, while the clothes are rinsing. As for the temperature, I always follow the clothing care instructions on the labels.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 26, 2006, 03:39 PM
    Sorry, I'm not fimular with that brand. I was asking because most washers use only cold water to rinse and problems will accure from that on rinse that won't on wash. Like the maytag neptune, if the cold water is going in too slow on the rinse cycle the control board will stop until the timer is advanced. I'm not sure if it is the same with Inglis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water shuts off by itself [ 1 Answers ]

I was just about ready to run a hot bath in my spare bathroom, turned on the water, it ran for a little bit and then I heard a clunk and the water stopped. I turned the spigot to off and then on again. Water started to flow for a few seconds, then clunk, stopped again. This happened on both the...

Is it right to kill someone if they are repeatedly abusing you? [ 10 Answers ]

What do you think? Should it be legal or illegal? When I say someone, I mean for example, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, close famil members.

Condenser Shuts Off [ 1 Answers ]

Looking through the threads, I haven't found anything quite like what I'm experiencing. So if there's already a post out there on this topic, I apologize. I have a dual zone heat pump system, and both units are approximately 14 years old. On a normal summer day (70s to 80s) my air works fine. ...

Home A/C Shuts Down [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox Model HS14-651U-3P that shuts down aprox. 30 seconds after starting. I hear a relay click and the unit shuts down. Any help would be greatly appreciated

PC Randomly Shuts Down... [ 22 Answers ]

Components: Thermaltake Shark Aluminium Full Tower Asus A8N-E nForce4 Ultra (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard Corsair 2GB DDR TwinX (2x1GB) XFX GeForce 7800GT Extreme Edition 256MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 NCQ 300GB 6V300F0 SATA-II 16MB Cache...

View more questions Search